Arizon Elk Draw Mechanics.....

come2elmo

So I was going to put in with a group in the Arizona elk draw this morning for the first time and they were asking if I had the sportsmans id and birthday for each person in my group. Which of course I don't....

Question 1: Can I add or subtract people to my group after I put in for the draw or must I have everyone lined up and go all at one time.
Question 2: If I have to put everyone in at the same time whose credit card gets hit when we draw with zero points (glass half full thoughts) if I have to use my card to cover the fee :)

Thanks.

Confused AZ newby from TX.

Question#1, there is a drop dead date that allows you to change your app. After that date, you can't. Question #2, the person whose name is on the first position on the app pays for all. It's up to him to be reimbursed by his pardners. GJ

Addendum: you can only have one app. If you don't have the info, you can send a separate app in for them when you get their info but they won't be part of your initial app group. They could be drawn and your group not and vice versa. GJ

The above info is WRONG. You can not change your application after it is submitted.

You most certainly can, ive helped people do it. However, the new app needed to be submitted on paper and that date has passed.

You have submitted an application and went back and changed the application? If you applied 2 paper applications I thought the second one got thrown out. As for online there is no way I know of to go back in and change your choices.

If you apply online and need to make a change, the dept will cancel that app and you can then submit a paper app. I have helped people do it, providing the process info and phone number to call. At least one of those guys then drew on that paper app.
As mentioned; the paper app period is now closed and, this is the last year of paper apps. I doubt there will be a way to change an app in 2020. Last I was told, the dept is not modifying draw code because the system is going to be reprogrammed but they have no date for that programming work.

At last inquiry, if two applications are submitted with the same hunter information for the same species, both applications and all applicants are disqualified for that species application for that year. This was the case when I taught hunter education in Arizona. If that has changed, I am unaware of that change.

Back