Caribou Gear

Wilks selling MT ranches

That't only a little over 10% of what they own in Montana...

It's a shame that the prince of poachers was in Texas at the King ranch as a similar story of someone poaching huge elk and deer on the Wilks ranches might get some attention in Montana.

Cruz was an expensive mistake. That said selling these land off too them is like one of taking our cans to the redemption center.

It is the ilks of the Wilks and others that is destroying family ranching in Montana, not the American Prairie Reserve. Wilks seem to view the landscape and wildlife as a "cash cow" ... as though they need to make a huge profit in order to eke out a living on the land.

Wilkes bought a bunch of land they had no real connection with. To them it was just an investment, not a way of life. Now they are trying to liquidate their holdings before the next coming market crash. Not many buyers out there that can buy large properties like these. Those that can will not pay more than the properties are worth.

If they are able to sell these lands they will likely invest in something more liquid.

I have laughed a time or two when the HuntTalk banner ad was from the Wilks land company asking me if I wanted to buy land in Montana.

Kinda mad that the ad hasn't popped up when I could screenshot it on my iPad.

These ranches are a fraction of their Montana land holdings. Not certain liquidating is an accurate term.
I know one ranch that recently became "available" which I would bet my last dollar they are determined to buy.

..."then left"...? :confused: :D

Buy/sell... Nother day. Bet the Bros' didnt have much involved in the decision other than, "OK. Let's meet next month to review other assets." While assessing their P/L's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back