Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming House Bill 42 - Preference Point Changes

wyoelkfan15

I hadn't seen a post regarding the Wyoming Legislature's current session, specifically House Bill 42.

You can find a link to the specific bill here:

https://www.wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2019/HB0042

Basically, HB 42 calls for a change to the current lottery system in place for residents applying for elk, deer and antelope limited quota licenses. The Bill would change the draw system to allow the Wyoming Game and Fish commission to put aside up to 75% of the resident tags into a preference point pool system similar to how Moose and Bighorn Sheep are conducted.

In my opinion the preference point systems in place really do not allow the public a fair chance at ever drawing these tags due to point creep over time. As a Wyoming resident I would hate to see the current lottery system be replaced with a preference point draw, making it for some tags unreachable even in a lifetime of buying preference points. I feel that one of the benefits of living in Wyoming is having solid draw chances at elk, deer and antelope tags every year and this bill would work to reduce those draw chances for the better limited entry units in the State.

Please tell your Legislators that, as we won't be voting on it! You did miss the thread on it last week that was in another Forum.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back