MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

looking to upgrade binos

wheels

i have nikon 12x50 looking for something with little better glass like 10x50 better then 12s looking for any opinions ? thanks

The Maven C1s are a good buy at their price point. You could get a demo set of Tract Torics for right around $500 and they are a superior optic to the C1s IMO, and perhaps the best glass at that $500 price point. I've heard the Therons are good but never have had my hands on them.

Those are all direct to consumer companies. If you're looking for a binocular you can buy in store then a set of Leupold BX4s are a good choice if you can get a deal on some, but I would choose C1s or Torics before BX4s.

Camofire.com has the Bx4's on sale today. Tract also has the 8x42 Toric's on sale on their site for $490. Both seem like really good deals.

I bought my wife a set of the C1's this year, and I wasn't overly impressed with them. They're nice, but I was expecting them to blow my Leupolds out of the water and they just didn't.

You don't see Tract mentioned much on hunting forums but I have heard good things about them from the birders.

Tract was at the Denver Sportsmen's Expo this past week and I got the chance to look through them quite a bit, inside and outside. They were very nice for the price for sure! Them and Maven have good bang-for-buck choices in the $700-$1100 range that are hard to beat.

Wheels, I'm looking for an intro level set of binos I can mount on a tripod. Interested in selling your nikon's when you upgrade?

You most likely will not see a big improvement if you only go $300-$500. Maybe keep what you have and save and wait and the $900 to $1200 range you should see a big jump in quality

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Meopta 10x42 HD binos. That’s likely the route I will go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back