Camofire Sitka Gear

He never said it made him a better hunter, he simply stated that good gear would allow him to stay in the field longer. It is a fact, GOOD gear, high end or not, helps you spend more time in the field in adverse weather.

Which would make you a better/more effective hunter.

I think it was just funny the way it was presented "I'll remain in the field longer".
Longer than what?

Sounds like a great deal if you are into this particular gear. I was simply a bit shocked to see the MSRP on some of that and realized that it would take a couple grand to get a full outfit, yikes. If you add boots and pack it may be up close to 5k for 1 full outfit of top shelf hunting gear by 2025 at the rate things are going.

I’ve got a sitka jacket I wear from end of September till first of March that is 10 years old. It spends 3-4 days a week from January till March wading through buffalo berry bushes running snares. There is not a tear on it. Show me another coat that’s as versatile and will take that kind of abuse for 10 years. I’d love to buy another

Quality gear for sure. Have some down bibs and parka for extreme stuff...works great and very durable, as brock mentioned. Also have some layering tops and lighter bibs that have been used 7-8 deer/elk seasons (and more than a few cold football games)....still looks new. All purchased discounted online, or from the 'for sale' forum here. I like First Lite aesthetics more but Sitka, IMHO, is superior for durability and dead even in hunter practicality. Hell, Sitka even makes Buzz look good ; )

...and it helps keep the forum's lights on.

Last edited:
As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for".

I can not afford Sitka gear - beyond my paygrade for the quantity of vacation available for hunting... Wife anniversary, family vacation, properties "to do" list... and the remaining vacation time is a blur between hunting, etc. Accounting all factors, $1000 + for a simple clothing getup is out of my line of sight.

Camofire set me up with my C4E gear. Not Sitka level though pulling the trigger on a decent setting at a decent discount has paid for itself.

I was one who always scoffed at the high price of Sitka and other brands like it. Kidded my boys about their high priced clothes. Then they bought me some. Holy cow. I would not say it makes me a better hunter or even that it makes me stay in the field longer but I am a heck of a lot more comfortable when I am out there. Never pay full price for it and don't have a lot but I sure do like the Sitka gear I do have.

It's pricey, but quality and comfortable. Of the 4 pieces I own, 2 of them I got at Pro Deal pricing (11 years ago), 1 was a gift from good friends, and 1 I paid full retail for ($119 pants) I can't really afford it, but I do like the stuff.

Pricey, but at price point on camofire I think it is totally worth it. I have a pair of Sitka longjohns and they are by far the best I have worn. Quality gear makes a difference during harsh conditions. Being comfortable out in the field allows one to stay out there longer, I don't care how tough you are. To me, spending a little extra to stay out longer in the field is worth it

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back