Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for".

I can not afford Sitka gear - beyond my paygrade for the quantity of vacation available for hunting... Wife anniversary, family vacation, properties "to do" list... and the remaining vacation time is a blur between hunting, etc. Accounting all factors, $1000 + for a simple clothing getup is out of my line of sight.

Camofire set me up with my C4E gear. Not Sitka level though pulling the trigger on a decent setting at a decent discount has paid for itself.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

I was one who always scoffed at the high price of Sitka and other brands like it. Kidded my boys about their high priced clothes. Then they bought me some. Holy cow. I would not say it makes me a better hunter or even that it makes me stay in the field longer but I am a heck of a lot more comfortable when I am out there. Never pay full price for it and don't have a lot but I sure do like the Sitka gear I do have.

It's pricey, but quality and comfortable. Of the 4 pieces I own, 2 of them I got at Pro Deal pricing (11 years ago), 1 was a gift from good friends, and 1 I paid full retail for ($119 pants) I can't really afford it, but I do like the stuff.
    I've been to a town, Del.

Pricey, but at price point on camofire I think it is totally worth it. I have a pair of Sitka longjohns and they are by far the best I have worn. Quality gear makes a difference during harsh conditions. Being comfortable out in the field allows one to stay out there longer, I don't care how tough you are. To me, spending a little extra to stay out longer in the field is worth it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12