Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Camofire Sitka Gear

FYI- Tons of Sitka Gear on Camofire today for 40% off!!

https://www.camofire.com
    I've been to a town, Del.

Never ceases to amaze me how much some guys will spend for gear. Even at 40% off there is no way. Must cost a couple grand for a full layered outfit from the coat, bibs, gloves, hat, base layers, pack, etc...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieHunter View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me how much some guys will spend for gear. Even at 40% off there is no way. Must cost a couple grand for a full layered outfit from the coat, bibs, gloves, hat, base layers, pack, etc...
    Remain amazed. Ill remain in the field longer.
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

Quote Originally Posted by 406life View Post
    remain amazed. Ill remain in the field longer.
    lol. If you think it makes you a better hunter and can afford it by all means go for it.
    Last edited by PrairieHunter; 01-12-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Sweet deals. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo and Ned
    Thin out their numbers

Quote Originally Posted by 406LIFE View Post
    Remain amazed. Ill remain in the field longer.
    This made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Muley View Post
    This made me laugh.
    Not even close to real life. I have hunted without Sitka for 40 years. It was funny though. mtmuley

Danger!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieHunter View Post
    lol. If you think it makes you a better hunter and can afford it by all means go for it.
    He never said it made him a better hunter, he simply stated that good gear would allow him to stay in the field longer. It is a fact, GOOD gear, high end or not, helps you spend more time in the field in adverse weather.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtmuley View Post
    Not even close to real life. I have hunted without Sitka for 40 years. It was funny though. mtmuley
    One might say the same thing about Ultra Mags....

Haha
    Thin out their numbers

Quote Originally Posted by belly-deep View Post
    One might say the same thing about Ultra Mags....

Haha
    RUMS don't keep me out in the field longer. But, I'm good in really big fields. mtmuley

I got places in Oregon you’ll wish you had Sitka or Kuiu.

I have hunted for years in average gear. Then I found out how much difference there is. Just a better bullet and caliber, it makes a difference.

13. Default

RUMS don't keep me out in the field longer. But, I'm good in really big fields. mtmuley
    I figured you were a field hunter. Is your preferred bait corn?
    Thin out their numbers

I figured you were a field hunter. Is your preferred bait corn?
    Seriously? How the Hell did you figure me for a "field hunter"? Only thing I've ever killed in a "field" was an antelope. No bait invoved. Baiting isn't really a Montana thing. mtmuley
    Last edited by mtmuley; 01-12-2019 at 04:19 PM.

15. Default

Seriously? How the Hell did you figure me for a "field hunter"? Only thing I've ever killed in a "field" was an antelope. No bait invoved. Baiting isn't really a Montana thing. mtmuley
    ???

I thought we were joking around on this thread? Apparently only I was.
    Thin out their numbers

???

I thought we were joking around on this thread? Apparently only I was.
    Sorry belly. Perception on the web is blurry sometimes. My fault. mtmuley

Love my 10+ year old sitka. Added a cpl tops to it this year and should be good for the rest of my life.

18. Default

Sorry belly. Perception on the web is blurry sometimes. My fault. mtmuley
    No problem. It happens!
    Thin out their numbers

No problem. It happens!
    Besides, I don't think I'd use corn. Personally I don't have any Sitka. There is other gear that works as well for a better price. It just doesn't have the cool hunting gear logo on it. mtmuley

Hey it's like bass fisherman. You gotta show face on the lake and look like a pro even though you get blanked almost every time you hit the water. Having said that I like my life saving kuiu but I only own the outer layers.

I've been to a town, Del.

Quote Originally Posted by SaskHunter View Post
    He never said it made him a better hunter, he simply stated that good gear would allow him to stay in the field longer. It is a fact, GOOD gear, high end or not, helps you spend more time in the field in adverse weather.
    Which would make you a better/more effective hunter.

I think it was just funny the way it was presented "I'll remain in the field longer".
    Longer than what?

Sounds like a great deal if you are into this particular gear. I was simply a bit shocked to see the MSRP on some of that and realized that it would take a couple grand to get a full outfit, yikes. If you add boots and pack it may be up close to 5k for 1 full outfit of top shelf hunting gear by 2025 at the rate things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by el unit View Post
    FYI- Tons of Sitka Gear on Camofire today for 40% off!!

https://www.camofire.com

Thank you sir. Been looking for a Mountain jacket but was not willing to pay full price. Pulled the trigger. Couldn't pass it up.

I’ve got a sitka jacket I wear from end of September till first of March that is 10 years old. It spends 3-4 days a week from January till March wading through buffalo berry bushes running snares. There is not a tear on it. Show me another coat that’s as versatile and will take that kind of abuse for 10 years. I’d love to buy another

Quality gear for sure. Have some down bibs and parka for extreme stuff...works great and very durable, as brock mentioned. Also have some layering tops and lighter bibs that have been used 7-8 deer/elk seasons (and more than a few cold football games)....still looks new. All purchased discounted online, or from the 'for sale' forum here. I like First Lite aesthetics more but Sitka, IMHO, is superior for durability and dead even in hunter practicality. Hell, Sitka even makes Buzz look good ; )

...and it helps keep the forum's lights on.
    Last edited by noharleyyet; 01-13-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast