Caribou Gear Tarp

Is too late to start from 0 for goats, sheep and moose in any western state?

If you truly love sheep and want to hunt them you will find a way to be around them even if you don't have a tag.

I have found that there are 2 types of sheep guys.
The ones who love sheep and spend time in sheep country on a regular basis without tags.
And then there are the guys who rarely if ever sleep anywhere close to sheep country and simply want a picture of themselves next to a dead sheep to show people.

I was thinking about this post the other day. I retire from the military in 5 years and the wife and I decided to pull up everything and move west. I have never set foot in the west with a rifle in my hand, but now its going to happen. I guess time will truly tell what type of sheep guy I will be.

I'm right there with you Scott, I'm 27 and have 0 points for any of those. With point creep, the prices to apply every year, and the chances that I'll ever draw one being adjacent to zero I've all but given up on those hunts that require PP's to draw. My thoughts on it are apply for Idaho/New Mexico every year, while saving for an Alaska moose hunt(even though I'd be required by law to hire a guide), and I'm considering doing the unlimited sheep hunt in Montana.

Prairie Rambler, you only need a guide in Alaska for sheep, goat and brown bear, unless you have someone with second kinship that is a resident and you can hunt with them. You are good to go for moose, black bear, caribou, anything else in Alaska without a guide.

Well I am pissing in the wind. Just bought points in Utah for the Sheep, Goats and Moose. Will do the same in Colorado. Then its luck of the draw for Idaho and I'm not going to waste the money with Wyoming because I hope to be a resident in the next 5 years.

Back