Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New Hunting Pack

Hey Guys,

First of all, Iím new to the site and have really liked what Iíve read so far from other people. So Iím here to get some help - Iím looking for a new hunting pack that can load out but can be used as a day pack and even an overnite pack. Looking to keep it under $500. Hope I can get some great suggestions. Iíve been looking at Mystery Ranch mostly cause Iíve heard great things, but am open to any brand! Thanks guys!

We really do need an FAQ/Wiki for this forum.
    Freedom Is Not Free

Agreed, honestly the search sucks... its way easier to just run a search through google, and specify the site.

Name:  search.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  49.5 KB

After a couple of different misfires I think I'm going to get a Mystery Ranch Mule this year.
    "You are a fool to argue health insurance with Nemont, Resource management with Buzz, or spelling with Moosie.." - Jose Cuervo

Quote Originally Posted by smarandr View Post
    After a couple of different misfires I think I'm going to get a Mystery Ranch Mule this year.
    My son-in-law used Mule and I use Pintler for day hunts, we both agreed we like the extra room provided by the pintler. Both worked fine, but as weather was swinging from hot to snow, the extra room in the pack was handy.
    Freedom Is Not Free

Get what she is using.

Name:  84911 (1).jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  76.5 KB
    ďIn wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.Ē

― Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    Get what she is using.
    Good grief I hate hunters...

Get what she is using.

She's thinking " hurry up and take the damn pic so I can take this shit off" haha

[QUOTE=tjones;2783161]Get what she is using.

Moose HIV... seriously that can't be kosher...

Is this how humans get CWD or brainworms?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjay73 View Post
    She's thinking " hurry up and take the damn pic so I can take this shit off" haha
    ^^^ this ^^^
    Freedom Is Not Free

Also get the rifle that doubles as a wading staff.
    ďIn wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.Ē

― Benjamin Franklin

14. Default

Blackovis.com is selling the MR Selway (the back between the pintler and Metcalf) for 371. Plus free shipping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gynaroo View Post
    Blackovis.com is selling the MR Selway (the back between the pintler and Metcalf) for 371. Plus free shipping.
    While a FAQ, or getting people to search on their own would clean up the forum a little, they can't replace real-time help like this.^^^^^
    Freedom Is Not Free

Also get the rifle that doubles as a wading staff.
    It's a plastic stock so what. Jana is a tough gal and could probably put a lot of you to shame

Enter the white knight

Quote Originally Posted by VikingsGuy View Post
    My son-in-law used Mule and I use Pintler for day hunts, we both agreed we like the extra room provided by the pintler. Both worked fine, but as weather was swinging from hot to snow, the extra room in the pack was handy.
    I have the Cabinet, which would actually be between the 2 mentioned, used it for the first time this year and loved it. The main bag is about the size of the Mule but it has 2 BIG side pods that can stow a bunch and if you would use a load cell between the bag and frame you could easily pack in a week's worth of stuff. Very comfy and stable. I got a screamin deal on mine and am very happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by SFC B; 01-11-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "Never apologize for being a Patriot!"

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 406LIFE View Post
    Agreed. I know most of us want to help, but really, help yourself first. Learn the search feature...
    I probably shouldíve put that Iíve done plenty of research, but I guess I was looking for some direct help haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDavis View Post
    I probably should’ve put that I’ve done plenty of research, but I guess I was looking for some direct help haha.
    There are plenty of recommendations for MR on here, some for Stone Glacier. What direct help do you need?
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

22. Default

I’ve been looking at MR, SG, and exo - but so far I’ve really liked the wide variety of options from MR - but just can’t decide which ones would be best

23. Default

I love my SG Sky talus but its a little out of your price range.

Buy used. Good packs hold their value so you could try multiple brands and styles to determine what is best for you without being out much money.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDavis View Post
    Iíve been looking at MR, SG, and exo - but so far Iíve really liked the wide variety of options from MR - but just canít decide which ones would be best
    All are excellent. MR is built like a tank and can often be found on sale. New to western hunting but not new to backpacking and I find MR guidelight packs super comfortable under load. In my opinion the only reason to stray from MR is if you are an Ďounce countingí ultralight guy, as the others are a little lighter. But I donít think that should matter for day packs. Plus, when I get to Ďcoin-tossí decisions, lately I have been picking HT sponsors (MR, Leupold, etc.).
    Last edited by VikingsGuy; 01-12-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Freedom Is Not Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast