Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Star Valley is interesting! My wife and I stopped for lunch in Afton at a locals restaurant. There was great people watching. Us watching them, they watching us. There was a young couple (?) with 6 kids in one of the booths. Pops was a 30ish looking dude with 2 obvious "wives". I've seen families like this in Colorado City AZ and they often would come in to Flagstaff for shopping, usually came down in 10 or 12 passenger vans. To each his own. As an aside, the "Sister Wives" families have moved into Flagstaff, probably gives the LDS Stake Bishop some heatburn. FWIW. GJ
    Last edited by grandejuan; 01-12-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden12 View Post
    I'm actually looking into moving my family to Wheatland.I chose that area to search due to the fact I'm a contractor and need quick access to the biggest populations.Puts me within an hour of Casper,Cheyenne and Laramie and slightly longer to Fort Collins area.Housing looks very reasonable there and some small acreage building lots.I would think I could find plenty of work covering an hour in any direction from there.Good fishing not too far away,unit 7 close for at least guaranteed antlerless tags,no shortage of deer or antelope.Plus I'm a yote trapper and it wouldn't bother me much to catch some of those pesky $300+ bobcats.
    There's some 3-5 acre building lots I'm interested in close to town.Id personally want to build my own home as I've done many for other people.Wife/kids want some livestock and raised gardens to keep her busy.That and filling a bunch of deer,antelope and elk tags should cut down on food bill,and figured on solar panels for my electric.
    Anybody have any warnings that I'm looking in the wrong area/town??
    Wheatland is an interesting town. The military base in Guernsey helps Wheatland, as does the proximity to Cheyenne. Lots of good hunting and fishing opportunities nearby. But you may find yourself doing a lot of driving from there for work and a place closer to Cheyenne would probably be worth considering. Ft Collins is very accessible which will likely provide as much work as you want for the immediate future. Cheyenne just has a lot more going on it seems between the military base, capitol, etc... If you want more solitude look East of Cheyenne which will still give you plenty of options for work within an hour and more bang for your buck.

Laramie has a really nice campus, but beyond that the town leaves a lot to be desired for some people and the weather is not as warm as Wheatland or Cheyenne.

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Dubois land prices are through the roof. The Millionaires from Jackson Hole moved to Dubois after the Billionaires kicked them out of Jackson. Ground there is real pricey.
    Wow! How times have changed! Admittedly it was some 30 years ago. I recall fun spirited bars, Theodore Roosevelt defined Americans and Rendezvous gals!
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123