2018-19 Ia Buck

Yeah I’ve been in on several discussions about packing out this yeah, so I was confident I was acting within the law. It definitely turned into quite the discussion on here though with some good points and info by several members.

Yeah I’ve been in on several discussions about packing out this yeah, so I was confident I was acting within the law. It definitely turned into quite the discussion on here though with some good points and info by several members.

Good info!

I live in the Upper Midwest and won’t drag anything that is laying more than a 1/2 mile from the road and at that, there better be snow. I don’t care if it’s 5/8ths of a mile across a field. I truly dislike dragging that much. Most of the time I’m over a mile in from dawn to dusk anyways. I’ve cut deer in half with their hide on, cut the legs off at the knees and packed them out in half. In 2009, we were on a canoe trip and hung one cut in half for four days along a river and picked it up on the way out. We had to pack it to the river, so we cut it in half. We were 10 river miles from the nearest two track or hiking trail and camped in there for seven days.

Congrats - no doubt the late season archery takes some perseverance.

I live in Missouri and my sons and I have exclusively done the gutless method the past 2 years. I was explaining it to a game warden friend of mine here and he had never heard of it. His comments were "that would be a great idea and would help slow the spread of CWD". I'm not doing it to slow CWD, there's a lot of history on it out west as well, but we seem to want to try the same things they did and expect different results. Anyway - congrats again on the buck.

-Mitch

Congrats on the buck. I’ve been checked by an officer when I had cut both hind quarters off, packed them out, and then went back for the rest. That officer was happy to see that I had broke that animal down (or in half) in an effort to get him out since it was earlier in the year.

shooting them from the ground is pretty slick! we took out a couple that way this year. late season was more bow friendly than the entire month of November this year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back