Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Ia Buck

Default 2018-19 Ia Buck

On the second to last day of the season I finally got to wrap my tag around this bucks antlers. First deer with a bow from the ground, and my first bow kill post gun season.

Name:  C9E08F2D-5A6F-482E-A846-54E8988DF3B1.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  61.8 KBName:  AA6F1643-158C-4BA2-AFD3-0619F4278624.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  46.9 KB

Nice work. I never considered packing one out when I lived there, and drug some way farther than i would now.

nice, congrats on the buck.... not to often you see people quartering and packing in the midwest
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Congrats, looks like a nice buck!
    Being defeated is a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it permanent.

Nice buck! Glad to se the antlers still holding on, I’ve found four sheds already and heard of others. Late season was messed up this year with the warm temps. What part of Iowa are you in?

6. Default

I guess it's a medium-size buck with nice antler, congratulation @bcar

7. Default

Congrats, nice buck man! Hope you didn't get any blood on your wife's water bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gellar View Post
    Nice buck! Glad to se the antlers still holding on, I’ve found four sheds already and heard of others. Late season was messed up this year with the warm temps. What part of Iowa are you in?
    Thanks everybody. I’m in central Ia. I’m not sure what to think about the shed situation yet, I’ve been hearing of lots of people finding sheds and seeing/shooting shed bucks. It does seem like more than usual. I’m not sure if the cold November is responsible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshootem View Post
    Congrats, nice buck man! Hope you didn't get any blood on your wife's water bottle.
    Haha thanks, she made a Facebook post about my “girl squad” water bottle

congrats!

Good looking buck!

Well done. Congrats! How far did you have to pack him?
    The day I stop hunting is the day I stop breathing.

You can't eat antlers!!!

Congrats! Nice buck! Love those picks. I've always got my pack and game bags in the truck but have never needed them. I'm a little jealous.

Thats a great buck

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Stalker View Post
    Well done. Congrats! How far did you have to pack him?
    It was about a 3/4 mile pack out. Pawned one of the hind quarters off on my buddy so that got my pack weight down to 65#. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get into mountain shape haha.

Way to go on a great buck! Cool pack out pics too.
    I've been to a town, Del.

Quote Originally Posted by bcar View Post
    It was about a 3/4 mile pack out. Pawned one of the hind quarters off on my buddy so that got my pack weight down to 65#. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get into mountain shape haha.
    Beats dragging any day of the week!
    The day I stop hunting is the day I stop breathing.

You can't eat antlers!!!

Congrats on a nice buck.

Just a little information for you. I talked to a few different dnr officers and was told the gutless method is illegal in Iowa. If you butcher a deer in the field you have to gut it to get the inner loins out.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunt View Post
    Just a little information for you. I talked to a few different dnr officers and was told the gutless method is illegal in Iowa. If you butcher a deer in the field you have to gut it to get the inner loins out.
    Not arguing your post but what sense does that make? You take the inner loins out with the gutless method
    I'm turning off Real Life Drive and thats right I'm hittin Easy Street on mud tires

^^ Yep- You don't have to gut them to get the inner loins out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mudranger1 View Post
    Not arguing your post but what sense does that make? You take the inner loins out with the gutless method
    I argued that point but was told by all 3 that I would be fined for doing that.

I argued that point but was told by all 3 that I would be fined for doing that.
    Even if holding the loins in your hands? Let'em ticket you. That won't stand in court. Personally, I know of nothing in the Iowa hunting code that dictates how you butcher you animals. I've been here 27 yrs now and I haven't heard anything about this. Any pointers to the regs?

Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    Even if holding the loins in your hands? Let'em ticket you. That won't stand in court. Personally, I know of nothing in the Iowa hunting code that dictates how you butcher you animals. I've been here 27 yrs now and I haven't heard anything about this. Any pointers to the regs?
    I never found anything in the regs, thats why I personally asked the officers.

I never found anything in the regs, thats why I personally asked the officers.
    I think they were making things up. No way that would hold up.

Personally, I drag my Iowa deer out. Much nicer to butcher them in my shop at home than in the field. There are very very few places that I have been in this state where packing one out is worth it, in my opinion anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast