Default Blue Ridge Mtns Checking In

Hello from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.

I am mainly a whitetail hunter, although my favorite memories as a kid were squirrel hunting every weekend with my old man in the hills of KY, and the power of that connection to nature, animals, people, and tradition has stayed with me. I have lived all over the southeast (KY, TN, MO, NC, VA). I fell in love with the West working in Yellowstone for a summer in college (back in the mid-90's) and spending every spare minute hiking the back-country of the park and exploring the Gallatin. I considered moving there, but I dislike cold weather so I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I joined mainly because I am planning an elk hunt this fall and have been watching Randy's videos and listening to his podcast. I've been learning a lot by reading through the different topics and appreciate the collection of wisdom, experience, and advice.

Thanks for the welcome. /|\

blueridge

Welcome from Minnesota! Good luck out there
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Welcome from VA, what part of the state do you hail from?
    Self proclaimed Founder, President, and Spiritual Leader of the I.S.V.F......Introduce Speedgoats to Virginia Foundation

Welcome!
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

I live in Afton. Not very far at all from you.

Welcome and good luck on your elk hunt.
    Being defeated is a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it permanent.

Welcome. Some great VA guys on here. Great group of people from all over.

Welcome from another blue ridge mountain man. You will enjoy HT we like to fight and argue during the off season about silly stuff and make up during the fall.

Welcome aboard.
    You can't get lost if you don't care where you are going.

welcome from PA!