MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Salt Lake City - Skiing Info

teej89

....by skiing i mean snowboarding.... (I know the one mountain is off limits)

The lady and I are going to head to salt lake this year for an annual trip, we're going to ride (3) consecutive days and know nothing of the area. What would you recommend? Hitting a different mountain each day or are there 1 or 2 you'd suggest we spend more than 1 day at, we're the type that get up for first tracks and get kicked off when the lifts shut down with a brief lunch and beverage break.

Snowbird, solitude, Brighton

I wouldn’t and don’t ski park city unless it’s free or deeply discounted. Park city doesn’t get as much snow and it’s a tourist trap. Brighton has a very local vibe and it’s popular with boarders.

Awesome thanks guys!

Yeah we're not looking for anything touristy/attractive. Some of the best mountains we found have been hole in the walls, low crowds and attractions but good snow!

My wife and I really liked Powder Mountain when we lived in UT. Cheaper and lots of ski-able acres. We were novice skiers so the steeper more technical terrain didn't hold our interest as much.

I haven't skied a much in Utah, but the terrain at Snowbird is unreal. Also, Brighton is a more of a low key place that also gets great snow and has good terrain. Have fun!

Brighton! Great place, world class snow. Great vibe there. Plethora of terrain.

Skip Park City.

Snowbird is a little touristy, but not as bad as Park City. World class terrain. In my opinion, Snowbird/Alta are as close as you can get to heli skiing inside of resort boundaries in North America.

I've heard Solitude is great. I would hit any combo of days at Brighton or Solitude and maybe hit 1 day at Snowbird for the experience. Even if the terrain looks too advanced for you, it's cool to ride the tram and just see the vertical. There are still some easy runs there.

Shoot well thanks for all the additional input guys! I think we've got em narrowed down to snowbird, brighton and solitude! I'll definitely make sure brighton is on the list and I think we're going to do one other place, so either be snowbird or solitude. I'll do some research in solitude and see what happens.

Thanks again guys!

If there is a fresh dump, Solitude is fantastic terrain and usually you'll have half the place to yourself. Brighton similar but for whatever reason I've preferred Solitude.

Did you get the Ikon pass? If not - look into it for next year. If you get it early, it's $600, and that gives you unlimited days @ Solitude plus 5 days each @ Alta/Snowbird (combined), Deer Valley and Brighton - plus a crapload of other places around the country (and the world). https://www.ikonpass.com/en/ikon-base-pass

Pays for itself very fast given the usurous daily lift ticket rates these days.

If there is a fresh dump, Solitude is fantastic terrain and usually you'll have half the place to yourself. Brighton similar but for whatever reason I've preferred Solitude.

Did you get the Ikon pass? If not - look into it for next year. If you get it early, it's $600, and that gives you unlimited days @ Solitude plus 5 days each @ Alta/Snowbird (combined), Deer Valley and Brighton - plus a crapload of other places around the country (and the world). https://www.ikonpass.com/en/ikon-base-pass

Pays for itself very fast given the usurous daily lift ticket rates these days.

No but that is absolutely awesome! One day when we make it out there for good we'll have to get a hold of those!

Of you're mil/vet check out the epic pass from park city mountain resort. It's super cheap and let's you ride any of the Vail resorts for super cheap.

Of you're mil/vet check out the epic pass from park city mountain resort. It's super cheap and let's you ride any of the Vail resorts for super cheap.

Epic pass is definitely a great deal if you're planning on any skiing in CO.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back