Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idiot with some questions.

Scott85

I'm still trying to the figure out whole draw process but I have a question when it come to preference points. I cannot head out west on any type of hunt until 2020 but I want to get started with points. Do you or can you double dip with an unsuccessful draw and buy preference points the same year? States I'm wanting to apply for is Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and Arizona. Thanks in advance for the help.

Randy Newberg and Corey Jacobsen just released a podcast on Elk Talk. I personally haven't listened to it yet, but it is all about the draw process. If it is anything like what Randy has said in the past it is great info about every states draw process. I believe gohunt also goes in depth as well. I only apply for licenses in Colorado and buy points in Wyoming. I don't think it possible to double dip for points in Wyoming. Good luck in your process!

You can buy a PP in Wyoming during the application period that runs from July through October, but not if you've drawn a first choice tag for that particular species in the same calendar year. If you can't hunt until 2020, buy a PP this year and it will be usable for the 2020 draw.

Last edited:
The short answer is no, you can't double dip and get two points in the same year. You are limited to one point acquired per year, either through the draw or through purchase.

The short answer is no, you can't double dip and get two points in the same year. You are limited to one point acquired per year, either through the draw or through purchase.

Same thing in NV. You either apply for a tag or mark "bonus point only" on your app.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back