Caribou Gear

Wall Street Journal article about hunter recruitment

Seriously? Dont care to subscribe, so I only got the first few lines. Friggin hipsters and their lame ass micro beer? I'm always saying our community needs more diversity, so I guess I can't complain hahaha

it's not a bad article. It does a decent job of going over what is leading to the decline in hunters in general not really focusing on the hipsters so much. Best part is the vegan lady that "concluded humans were omnivores who should eat meat ethically, so she began to each roadkill meat" (Let's just assume she called the game warden and got permission shall we?) ..."Her first kill, with her mentor in 2017, gave her a familiar, comfortable, exhilarating feeling"..."It's all I can think about" Talk about born again! Since the very beginning I have always believed in Jesus and hunting....but I do sometimes envy the newby's and their new found passion.

There's an interesting story of Laura Zerra who was a Northeastern vegan until college when she started beating roadkill and wanted to become more ecologically connected. Seems to be a common theme with hunting converts.

it's not a bad article. It does a decent job of going over what is leading to the decline in hunters in general not really focusing on the hipsters so much. Best part is the vegan lady that "concluded humans were omnivores who should eat meat ethically, so she began to each roadkill meat" (Let's just assume she called the game warden and got permission shall we?) ..."Her first kill, with her mentor in 2017, gave her a familiar, comfortable, exhilarating feeling"..."It's all I can think about" Talk about born again! Since the very beginning I have always believed in Jesus and hunting....but I do sometimes envy the newby's and their new found passion.

This made me laugh - now it is a must read.

Back