Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

For the foodies...Barbacoa nachos!

Hunting Wife

Braised a muley shoulder and have been thinking about these ever since...barbacoa nachos!

179958A2-DFB2-41F3-8E87-F04904FAAC18.jpg

A little chipotle lime crema to top it off, and heaven! Give me these and a margarita and I forget it’s winter outside.

I know what I’m making come Super Bowl Sunday this year :D

Looks great! Been on a nacho kick myself lately. It's an easy way to stretch out meat for a meal

That really does look delicious!
I made venison and chorizo sausages yesterday, and tomorrow will be my first attempt at venison jerky, I don't have a smoker so added some Paprika plus other ingredients and I will dry it out at a low temperature in my fan oven, fingers crossed.
Venison Salami is hanging in the garage, ready middle of March.
Cheers
Richard

I made venison and chorizo sausages yesterday, and tomorrow will be my first attempt at venison jerky, I don't have a smoker so added some Paprika plus other ingredients and I will dry it out at a low temperature in my fan oven, fingers crossed.
Cheers
Richard

We used the oven for years to make jerky, and sometimes still do for really big batches. It will be great! I have 60 lbs of ground mule deer in the freezer that needs the sausage treatment. Just got Rinella’s cookbook and see chorizo and andouille that I need to try. I love these meat experiments!

Damn that looks great. Was that Hank Shaws barbacoa recipie? I have tried that and it was one of my favorite venison meals. We did tacos with it, those nachos look like a party to me!

Damn that looks great. Was that Hank Shaws barbacoa recipie? I have tried that and it was one of my favorite venison meals. We did tacos with it, those nachos look like a party to me!

Yes, Hank Shaw’s recipes. I just shred it up and use it for a bunch of different things.. Since it makes such a mass quantity, unless we have company I freeze a bunch for easy meals later on too.

Great Stuff,Chili last night and Rib tacos for lunch.Fresh caught (killed) wild game is the best.
Show me some more!:cool:

Cheers
Richard
I made the jerky from the new meat eater cookbook and is an excellent recipe. Best venison jerky I have had!

We used the oven for years to make jerky, and sometimes still do for really big batches. It will be great! I have 60 lbs of ground mule deer in the freezer that needs the sausage treatment. Just got Rinella’s cookbook and see chorizo and andouille that I need to try. I love these meat experiments!

Well it worked better than I expected using the oven, they proved very popular with my shooting friends when we stopped for lunch yesterday, I am definitely going to do this again!

IMG_20190111_084110103.jpg

IMG_20190111_113430788.jpg

Last edited:
Richard,
That jerky looks great. But you might want to save some for when Bryan comes over in a couple of weeks.

Hunting wife,
I showed my wife this thread and she started making plans to do the same with the deer roast I have defrosting in the refrigerator. She asking me to see if I can Google the Hank Shaw recipe.

Richard,
That jerky looks great. But you might want to save some for when Bryan comes over in a couple of weeks.

Hunting wife,
I showed my wife this thread and she started making plans to do the same with the deer roast I have defrosting in the refrigerator. She asking me to see if I can Google the Hank Shaw recipe.

Ha! Prepare yourself! :cool:

This one has quickly become a favorite.
https://honest-food.net/barbacoa-recipe-venison/

Last edited:
Back