MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rest Easy Tahoe

Ttannahill14

A great hunt last Saturday turned for the worst when Tahoe collapsed and never woke up. Carrying your dog 1/4 mile out of the field is something I never wish to do again.

He gave us everything he had and he’ll never be replaced. He was an awesome dog who’s given us so much happiness in our lives.

Tahoe loved to retrieve and hunt upland more than anything in the world. I doubt I’ll ever have another dog with his drive and willingness to please, his drive was off the charts compared to the dozens of dogs a year I get to hunt with. He could run for days.

He was my first hunting dog and we learned a ton together. We shot 18 roosters on his last day of hunting.

Vet thought it was a catastrophic heart issue that he was born with. Nothing we could have done to predict or prevent this from happening. Both parents were health certified and cleared for all issues before breeding. Just an unfortunate heart defect that he was born with. He was 20 months old.

You’ll be missed big guy. Thanks for the memories.

CPR Tannahill’s Tahoe of Solomon Valley JH

49446033_772055229831379_4072678433212071936_o.jpg

48428928_10217899696545755_8001036155573239808_o.jpg

Sorry to hear this. I lost my first bird dog suddenly in July. I wouldn't wish such a thing on my worst enemy.

That second picture is great.

I'm sorry for your loss, I acutely know its pain.

I hope there are more memories with another furred friend.

I cannot imagine! I'm sorry for your pup. Having a black lab male myself, this story hit hard. I'm sorry for your loss.

The love that never stops loving! All they do is love. Memories forever.

Thanks for sharing those great pictures. It's a tough deal we as bird hunters all go through, I'm very sorry you only had a short time with such a fine dog. He was taken too soon but his memory will live with you forever.
Hang in there.

sucks man...I lost my chocolate lab Hondo late this summer.. its not fun. best wishes.

Sorry for your loss. At least he went out doing what he loved to do.

You have had a tough year. First a wrecked truck and now this. May there be many better days in the future

That is so sad, sorry for your loss. RIP Tahoe.

It sounds like his life, as short as it may have been, was filled with love and care. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. Losing a hunting dog is one of the toughest things a person goes through. I lost mine 2 years ago and still think of him often. Time heals the pain and the memories are always great to look back on. Hang in there.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back