Cancun Spearfishing

maxx

We are headed there the last week of February. My 11 year old has wanted to try spearfishing so I just booked a trip.

I know Mexico isn't safe. We wont venture away from the resort or tourist areas.

I am pretty jacked to try spearfishing myself. We chartered a boat for the entire family. My 13 year old isn't a fan of water but I hope he tries it. The kid is a hell of a hunter already so I think he would really like it if he just tried.

I did a scuba dive off of Cancun one year and there was a current to sweep us along which was cool. The shallow areas for snorkeling had no current. Did see a few sharks so get the fish out of the water fast. Have fun.

We are headed there the last week of February. My 11 year old has wanted to try spearfishing so I just booked a trip.

I know Mexico isn't safe. We wont venture away from the resort or tourist areas.

I am pretty jacked to try spearfishing myself. We chartered a boat for the entire family. My 13 year old isn't a fan of water but I hope he tries it. The kid is a hell of a hunter already so I think he would really like it if he just tried.

Sounds like a fun trip. Mexico and spearfishing are both incredible.

It sounds like spearfishing is new to you, so in case you aren't aware, spearfishing is no permitted while using scuba gear. As a matter of fact scuba gear is not even allowed on board the boat while spearfishing. Breath hold only.

Sounds like a fun trip. Mexico and spearfishing are both incredible.

It sounds like spearfishing is new to you, so in case you aren't aware, spearfishing is no permitted while using scuba gear. As a matter of fact scuba gear is not even allowed on board the boat while spearfishing. Breath hold only.

Ya we hired a guide and boat for the entire family. My wife will just snorkel on the surface with two of the kids.

I've been going to Mexico for years, cities and back country. I've lived in Mexico. You will be greatly rewarded by getting out of the resort and tourist areas.

The country and people are beautiful and amazing.

You read so much horrible stuff about the Cancun and Playa areas. I am pretty gun shy specifically with 3 kids. We have gone to Cabo a lot and we know it well so we get out and about a little more there.

We are kind of lazy on vacation and we just like to sit around a lot to.

If you are paying to go on your first try at it do yourself a favor and find a way to practice the basics of gun handling and accuracy first. If someone is not first comfortable in every way in and under the water it is generally a formula for disaster to add guns and excitement to the mix. After all what could go wrong?

!cid_1_3411984401@web82706_mail_mud_yahoo by squirrel2012, on Flickr

Came across this and was curious how the spearfishing went during your trip back in January.
I was in Baja this July, and kicked myself for not bringing a pole spear to hunt with from the beach while snorkeling. Lots of great eating, smaller reef fish like Pargo swimming around well within range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back