Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by brownbear932008 View Post
    You will get into deer there no doubt about that. If you pick through them you can expect to find a decent buck. I agree with most of eastern Montana well Montana as a whole really is managed as an opportunity state with younger class deer. However I haven't hunted deer there in about 4 years now turned in my tag last year.
    I think you might be surprised how much it's changed in those 4 years. I hunted the area you and I've talked about this year for 9 days dawn to dusk, and saw a total of 2 4x4 bucks on public land. It was pretty shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
    I think you might be surprised how much it's changed in those 4 years. I hunted the area you and I've talked about this year for 9 days dawn to dusk, and saw a total of 2 4x4 bucks on public land. It was pretty shocking.
    Wow Randy I hate to hear that. I was wondering if that bad winter wiped them out and I'm sure the hunting pressure didn't help any. I saw a few really nice bucks on that last trip out. Still awesome country to beat around in. I've seen them nailed twice since I've been coming out. Hopefully it gets better soon. I wish MTFWP would take those winters into account and adjust hunts. Just not going to happen though.

Or, you could just call this Oklahoma City based outfitter who hunts the lake shore and the PUBLIC CMR HARD! Maybe he could find you that decent buck that you are after. 4 day hunt is only $3,600!

http://landwehroutfitters.com/mule-deer-hunts/

If his info is correct, he’ll even put you up in a mobile home just outside the big town of Jordan!
    Montana is really in need of going to a permit draw for the hunting of ALL species in ALL units of this great state!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnhunter1 View Post
    Or, you could just call this Oklahoma City based outfitter who hunts the lake shore and the PUBLIC CMR HARD! Maybe he could find you that decent buck that you are after. 4 day hunt is only $3,600!

http://landwehroutfitters.com/mule-deer-hunts/

If his info is correct, he’ll even put you up in a mobile home just outside the big town of Jordan!
    Montana is really in need of going to a permit draw for the hunting of ALL species in ALL units of this great state!
    Landwehr Outfitters is a second generation outfitting business. ?We specialize in Mule Deer, Antelope, and Elk rifle and archery hunts. ?We have been in business over 30 years. ?Our hunter success rate is high and shooting opportunity is close to 100%.

Our hunts take place in the Missouri River Breaks area in eastern Montana. ?This area is famous for its scenery and plentiful game. ?We also have access to several private ranches.

Our operation is relatively small. ?We feel we can better serve our guests this way. ?We average six guests per hunt, but can handle parties of eight or more. ?I have hunted the area since 1980, and my guides have many years of experience in the area. ?Our knowledge of the area and our expertise ensure a great hunt.

Our base of operations is a house and adjacent mobile home just outside of Jordan, Montana. ?Jordan is located 175 miles northeast of Billings, MT. ?You can count on a hot shower and warm bed to sleep in after a long day’s hunt. ?Our kitchen is well equipped and there is plenty of great food. ?WiFi connections are available as well as HDTV to watch ball games.

In addition to the big game hunting, we also offer predator hunts, varmint hunts, and waterfowl hunting. ?Coyotes, red fox, and prairie dogs are plentiful in our area. ?Tremendous numbers of ducks and geese migrate through the area, and we offer some great hunts for them!

Poor guys aren't even sure what they're up to apparently. That's a lot of question marks.(?)

http://landwehroutfitters.com/about-us/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo and Ned
    Thin out their numbers

Think that is the other half of Carl Mann's operation from years ago. They have been in the breaks a long time. No way I'd ever pay for a guided trip there only to be driven around on public land. LOL Guess they hunt opposite sides of the lake now after the split��

Wait I thought you all said the breaks dont have muleys and it sucks ? That guide looks like he does alright .. .

Photoshop and other "computer tricks"

That guide looks like he does alright .. .
    With perhaps a couple of exceptions, those mule deer "trophy" buck photos portray an expression of, "I'll take a 4-point ... any 4-point."

lol, those are some "trophy bucks"

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
    With perhaps a couple of exceptions, those mule deer "trophy" buck photos portray an expression of, "I'll take a 4-point ... any 4-point."
    Lol, that's funny. The trick is you gotta get that buck way out in front of the hunter. Helps with width and mass.
    Last edited by ishootdasmallones; 01-13-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Not many outfitters that have a "standard". mtmuley

12. Default

People pay money to shoot those deer? Yikes

13. Default

If you are going to bring a boat I would bring my fishing gear. The deer hunting might not be great but the fishing could be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12