Caribou Gear Tarp

External charging device

Cmbrown337

I am in the process of looking for a new external charging device for next season. Would only be used for my cell phone at this time as I use it for OnX. What would you guys prefer either a goal zero or a dark energy Poseidon. Right now I am leaning towards the Poseidon. Anybody have any experience with either of these or if you recommend another company. Please explain any pros and cons for your suggestion. Thanks in advance.

I have an Anker 20100. This holds more power than any of the goal zero usb or dark energy products. It handles well in cold weather. Its considerably cheaper than those brands. It isn't waterproof however.

Anker, get enough amperage output from a single port to make sure it charges the intended devise (gps needs more than a phone for example).

I tried the GoalZero route. I was never happy with how it seemed to work and after about 6 months, I returned it to REI. I now use battery packs instead. They work all the time, day or night. I can charge things while I'm hiking around or what have you. I have both a 26,000 mAh and a 10,000 mAh pack. The 10k is great for a few overnights. I haven't needed to bring along the 26k yet, but hoping to do some longer trips where it would see some use.

I also swapped everything I could over to internal battery packs instead of using AA or AAA batteries. It's nice being able to use my headlamp as much as I want or to play pod casts on my phone and not worry about batteries.

I use the Ravpower brand. Never had an issue and I use the 10k every week while at work. I got the 10k off an Amazon lightning deal for about $12. The 26k from a Prime day deal for about $30.

Anker are great, I have one that is at least 3 years old and it works as well as it did when new.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back