Thread: “The Mule”

Default “The Mule”

The latest Clint Eastwood movie is worth the ticket price. Pretty sad to see an elderly person looking for a way to make money to get their property out of foreclosure. I guess its time more common than you think.
    Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes...Captain Terrill
    Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining...Fletcher

I watched it on Christmas Day. Great movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo and Ned
    Thin out their numbers

Wife and I saw it. Good movie, albeit a large serving of the Hollywood version regarding drug trafficking.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytes View Post
    Wife and I saw it. Good movie, albeit a large serving of the Hollywood version regarding drug trafficking.
    It was based on a true story. What part of it was Hollywood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo and Ned
    Thin out their numbers

Any punishment that late in life could never negate that trip to Mexico.
    “To me, if you don’t eat it, then it’s not a point of pride”. -Matt Rinella

Quote Originally Posted by belly-deep View Post
    No cartel operates with a mule routing X qty of drugs w/o having every piece of living family information noted. As one example.
    W/o spoiling the movie for others that's about as vague to share examples.
    Based on true story is often as true as the Hollywood version holds - that the movie is based on a true story.

Edit: I should add - especially the Sinaloa Cartel. None the less the $ value transported.
    Last edited by Sytes; 01-08-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    " There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." - Theodore Roosevelt
    Live to work or work to live... Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by belly-deep View Post
    http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/the-mule/

Apparently a fair amount. Some fact, some fiction. No judgement on good. Vs bad, but about what I would expect.
    Freedom Is Not Free

We saw it on Christmas Day also, thought it was okay, but kind of slow. Caused my nose to run a little there towards the end though.
    Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

The money and parties must be addicting. I can never understand why people don’t get out of that business after 2 or 3 nice payouts. Likewise, I saw many people lose everything after making initial big gains trading stock market futures and options trading. At the end of the day, the house made all the money. Greed, selfishness, or just plain stupidity???
    Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes...Captain Terrill
    Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining...Fletcher