PEAX Equipment

Record revenue in AZ from state land sales

MTGomer

I don’t see a problem with a state selling land in an urban area surrounded by development, to meet their mission of funding schools, but I sure don’t want to see federal lands turned to state lands so this can happen.
Does anybody doubt that what is currently fed land on the fringes of cities wouldn’t be turned into a housing development? The Wasatch outside SLC would make beautiful custom homes, boutique shopping centers, maybe another pray the gay away retreat could be built.

For the ‘my state would never sell any land’ guys....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...st-desert-ridge-home-construction/2376989002/

Last edited:
Interesting read and a great of example of one reason why PLT would be a disaster.

I think there are plenty of reasons for a state to sell its lands that make sense, and I have some appreciation for what Montana does with Land Banking:

"Whereby the proceeds of trust land sales will be placed in a special land banking account which can only be used to acquire other real property interests such as land, easements, or improvements".

Not perfect but better than selloffs that result in massive net-reductions in state land.

The Wasatch outside SLC would make beautiful custom homes, boutique shopping centers, maybe another pray the gay away retreat could be built.

I thought you really liked your time you spent at the retreat? Surprised your against another one. Lol

The Federal Gov't already has a program called the Federal Lands Policy and Management Act that allows for sale/transfer such as these.

When we discuss PLT and the real needs of municipalities to plan for growth, we should recognize that lands in the public trust or domain will be used for furthering housing, etc. That's why having a seat at the table, like we do with FLPMA is so important, and why we fight transfer to the state, where no such public participation is guaranteed.

I don’t see a problem with a state selling land in an urban area surrounded by development, to meet their mission of funding schools, but I sure don’t want to see federal lands turned to state lands so this can happen.
Does anybody doubt that what is currently fed land on the fringes of cities wouldn’t be turned into a housing development? The Wasatch outside SLC would make beautiful custom homes, boutique shopping centers, maybe another pray the gay away retreat could be built.

For the ‘my state would never sell any land’ guys....

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...st-desert-ridge-home-construction/2376989002/

Its not an if. Last years session in Utah Mike Noel pushed a bill to develop the east mtns above slc. The watershed is protected from development, but in Utah developers buy "federalists" to sell off land.

BHA fought it. As did some of those Subaru drivers that wear Patagonia. Its an every year thing in Utah. But the cancer spreads quickly.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back