West Yellowstone Snow Situation?

Dieseldog

Since I have a bison tag I'm trying to watch the weather in West Yellowstone. I see a weather advisory thru Mon sometime out there.. Is it dumping alot of snow? Patiently waiting for the Bison to migrate. Last report on the bison hotline was negative for any outside the park yet. If anyone can help me with a little more insight into this snow even it would be appreciated.

I have a friend who is scouting for his daughter who has the same tag. Talked to him yesterday. Nothing out of the park and nothing close to the boundary. Hope for super cold weather, as much as snow.

Thanks Randy, if nothing happens beforehand I'm just gonna plan on going the last week or 10 days of season and hang out in WEST Yellowstone and hope something happens.

We went down to West yesterday to let my son sled on the hill that they make in the city park every year. There was definitely less snow than last year and probably less than the year before that. The weather has been really mild too. They are getting snow down there now, but no cold weather in the long range forecast.

There's snow down there but not as much as usual this time of year. It was cold on New Years day but has since warmed up a bit. The dam hippies are driving around a lot also trying to find the bison before the hunters do and chase them back in, seems like everybody's waiting for the migration, pray for snow and cold.....

Looks like maybe a good storm coming in this weekend? Any updates from anyone close to West Yellowstone would be appreciated. Thanks

Spent yesterday right in West Yellowstone cross country skiing. Current conditions are not very encouraging - there's very little snow compared to good snow years. Worse thing is the temperatures, low 30's during the day is not going to get the buffalo to move.

Looks like they may pick up another 6” or so the next couple of days, but no cold weather.

Wow this Bison season is gonna go down to the wire.. If it even happens at all. I'm afraid if it does happen it's gonna be a sheet show with everyone showing up at once.. Fingers crossed little over 2 weeks left. Fingers crossed

Think im gonna head out there Monday regardless and hope to get lucky.. If nothing else will be a nice road trip.

Sounds a little frustrating. Good luck!

Yeah the lady that does the phone updates tried to steer me to an open area to fill a cow elk tag instead.. She made the bison thing sound like it's not gonna happen. Oh well can't sit home might as well go and see. If nothing else have a couple good meals and take the sled for a rip.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back