PEAX Equipment

Wyoming unit 62

Bigjay73

Looking through the regs, doe tags are valid in 62 east of the divide. Looking at onX, the divide, at least the divide trail, is entirely in unit 61, just west of 62. What am I missing here?

Last edited:
Perhaps what is confusing you is that there are two different Continental Divides in that part of Wyoming. Look at a state map and you'll see what I mean. My Wyoming atlas shows it pretty well. Between the two divides is what they call the Great Divide Basin.

The divide splits south of Rawlins and everything between the split drains into the great divide basin. The licenses you are looking at are only valid in the North Platte watershed within the unit. The ďivide isn't obvious in this area, it takes some mapmreading skills to ensure you're in the correct area.

Bringing this back. The exact wording says “east of the Continental Divide and north of Wise Dugout Draw.” Does this mean a type 2 and 6 hunt is north of the North Platte and east of the Haystack Mountains?

I had that tag in 2017. checkerboard stuff mainly but wasn't a problem getting a doe. I hunted one morning

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back