MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2019 Chukar hunt

Sawtooth

Checked out some new country with my dog Rudy. Saw some nice country, a few deer, and got a few birds.
20190103_095827.jpg
Rudy looking for the first Covey of the day.
20190103_111825.jpg
Rudy decided I was the softest place for a nap during lunch break.
20190103_123824.jpg
A few observers to the day's action.
20190103_161519.jpg
My hunting buddy Bill, his dog "L.B.", and their birds.

Last edited:
Nice work! Was Rudy happy to get out?

The minute Rudy saw me grab my gun case he became excited. I was sure he was going to bust the first covey we got into because he was so fired up. But to my surprise he locked up and held tight until I could walk in on them. When I got the birds up, I promptly nailed the first bird of the day, but missed my chance for a double. Like all good chukar coveys, two more birds promptly flushed late and proceeded to fly right over my head as I stood there with an open action and reaching for more shells.

Looks like a great day with some good dogs. I might be wrong, but looks like Rudy has a few seasons under the belt. We've had a tough season on Chukar out here, just not seeing the numbers we did in previous few years.

Nice to see there are still birds out there, here in SoCal the birds are almost nonexistent due to this prolong drought. Let it rain!!

Looks like a great day with some good dogs. I might be wrong, but looks like Rudy has a few seasons under the belt. We've had a tough season on Chukar out here, just not seeing the numbers we did in previous few years.

Rudy, my black and white GSP is six years old, and my buddies liver and white GSP is 8.

Nice to see there are still birds out there, here in SoCal the birds are almost nonexistent due to this prolong drought. Let it rain!!

Our numbers are just starting to recover from a brutal winter two years ago. Hopefully the rest of the winter will be mild and we get good green up this spring.

Very nice! I have January chukars are Hank's bucket list. Just wish the drive wasn't so darn long from here...

Awesome post. I’ve yet to hunt birds of any kind, but chukars are at the top of my list. Wonder if my wife’s pug would make a good chukar dog...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back