Caribou Gear Tarp

Vortex EBR - 4 reticle

lodgepoleJoe

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has experience using the ebr 4 reticle. I am scope hunting and really like the strike eagle 3 x 18 x 44.. Fits my eye perfect but not sure if I like the reticle. Looks too busy to me but would like to get some feedback on using this reticle in actual hunting scenarios.
Thanks

It doesn’t look like there is any subtensions for wind other than on the main crosshairs. Which I think is counter productive of what a “tree” type reticle is for. It would be way easier to dial for elevation and hold for wind. I have a leupold with a TMR in it so it looks closer to the erb1 reticle. I can tell you from experience that it’s a bitch to hold elevation and wind, when there’s no reference point in the scope. Those reticles look busy but you get used to them pretty quick. I don’t think it was the exact info you were after but I hope it helps.
Zach

Any input is helpful. I think I would end up dialing at first. I'm wondering if the busy look pulls your eye from the center crosshair. Thanks

I don’t know why manufacturers don’t offer these scopes with a simple duplex reticle. A second focal plane scope with a complex ballistic drop reticle makes no sense to me. I don’t like the EBR reticles on hunting platforms. But I do have one on a 6.5 I use for both target and hunting. I don’t find it that distracting. But I don’t use the reticle markings other than the crosshairs. I also don’t use the scope at its highest magnification since it’s also the lowest optical quality. Again, there is no point to SFP. Especially when they only work at the poorest optical magnification.

Yeah that makes sense. I went ahead with it because the glass fit my eye so well but I doubt I'll be shooting at anything on 18 power so you're right there. Looks like a cheat sheet and dial.. Thanks

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back