Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

oregons new e-tag set up for smart phones?oregon too cheap to sell paper?

dan.kirkpatrick

just went through the process of getting my new hunt licence for 2019.seems a bit complicated but got thru it.but it shows that my elk tag is still valid through march,,also my hunting partners shows it too.time to load up for the weekend and give it 1 more try!!!looks like they got some bugs to work out of new system.anybody else having problems with oregons new tag system?

We’ll see how it works come application time. The old online system was ugly.

I heard that some folks were worried about their points getting screwed up with the new system, but mine transferred fine. I’ve got no complaints about the app so far, but I did find it odd to see them showing my elk tag was valid through the end of March of ‘19 when I did my harvest report. I also found it odd that the harvest report survey asked questions like, “Did you harvest your animal within the season your tag was valid for?” and “Did you harvest your animal within the Unit your tag was valid for?”

I didn't have any trouble but I had to go into the local office since I've finally been around long enough to get a pioneer license. One thing that did worry me though as she was trying to explain the new system, is how they are trying to move everything to cell phones. She was talking about being able to punch your tag on the cell phone and I don't remember if she said it or it was the first thing that popped in my mind but it sounded like they could use your gps to mark the location. Letting the government know where my top secret spots are just don't feel right..

my points showed correct,,,im just highly concerned about why there system cant even show the correct hunt dates for hunts that closed already in 2018??? My new elk tag on my phone shows that its a perfectly legal document!!!I "could" run over the hill and legally hunt if I really wanted too.that sure seems like a big screw up,,,and also on my hunt partners printed out paper from bi-mart!!!there not batting a very good average so far.

I haven't bought mine yet but I've heard you can still get a paper license but it's on a legal size sheet of paper. You have to pay more if you want waterproof paper. I don't have reception where I live or work so have never owned a cell phone. I had no complaints with the system they're replacing.

I haven't purchased my 2019 license yet but had no problem getting my account set up and completing my harvest reports.

Be careful to verify your account first. Don't create a new separate account otherwise your preference points wont transfer correctly. The FAQ section of the ODFW website has some good walkthroughs on it.

You also aren't required to use a gps pin to tag your animals. You can just select the unit.

The tagging system certainly could have been done better, not sure what they were thinking; we fish in the rain and out on the ocean. Every western state has paper tags, if money is that scarce maybe the top brass should be throwing up some red flags. I suspect that before I'm done hunting ODFW will be merged with Parks or some other agency because they simply can't financially manage their own house.

Giving NR 10%-15% of everything and charging for points like WY does would be a good start to fixing the money problem.

Giving NR 10%-15% of everything and charging for points like WY does would be a good start to fixing the money problem.

Agreed. Wish more residents did as well. That or they need to raise license and tag costs for residents. Some serious habitat restoration work is needed in a lot of places.

Is the new paperless system being earnestly sold as a way to save money? Has to be a tiny fraction of operating costs.

The website says its supposed to save 2 million per year. I was checking to see if it was the same vendor as the new Nevada system and doesn't appear to be but I will research a little later and also see if my points transferred.

It's the same system as Arkansas and a cpl other states.
The old database is still intact and when you "verify" your account it pulls the data from that db. So, you will need to make sure the city and zipcode are the same as what was on your last license; ie physical address zip vs a po box zip. If there is a difference it will not verify. Your points will get pulled from that old db, those that mistakenly create a "new account" will not have their points updated.

I haven't bought mine yet but I've heard you can still get a paper license but it's on a legal size sheet of paper. You have to pay more if you want waterproof paper. I don't have reception where I live or work so have never owned a cell phone. I had no complaints with the system they're replacing.

I went to the La Grande office and mine were printed out on regular 8 1/2x11 which I trimmed to fit my old holder, no problem. Same with the parking permint. It was simple and painless.

I think that not being printed on special paper/plastic waterproof is a open invitation for somebody to forge or modify there own tags to there likings!!! never mind odfw already did mine for me!!!ha lol

Now I've spent several hours trying to put in my spring bear app and it won't let me go thru w purchase,,this new electronic system is junk,, gonna call and bitch when they open next week

Don't have a smart phone, my phone is almost as dumb as I am. So I had to get a paper license. It seems to me with the paper tags, a less than honest person might scan their tags into their computer. Then when they go shoot a deer, tag it and get home without being checked, they can just print a new tag and start all over. Not that I would ever do anything like that but with those flimsy paper tags falling apart so easily it wouldn't make much sense to pay to get a replacement.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back