2019 Mystery Ranch packs...

I think it is a killer day pack for anything up to the size of deer. I don't know what plans are in place to add a bow scabbard. Alex at MR had all kinds of great ideas of how to use it that included attaching your bow.

Mine will get more testing this coming season.

I have been waiting for someone to do a comprehensive review on the Pop UP 28. If you or anyone else on the forum knows of someone who has done a review on one, either video or forum point me in that direction.

Several of use used pop ups this year during elk season. Bunch of postive reviews floating around d. I used the 18, great little day pack and hauled meat well.

For those familiar with the newer Guidelight MT Frame.... are the new waist belt based off the NICE Frame waist belts or the Mountain line Astral Frame?

I'm curious because I got to try a Mystery Ranch T100, which is a beast for my needs but, I like the 5 pcs waist belt over last yrs Guidelight one-piece waist belt.

Thanks

In the market this year—
7-10 day Alaska backpack hunts...
Marshall or Beartooth? (Or other??)

A little more room in the Marshall, new frame on the Beartooth....hmmm....
Any thoughts?

Any they've changed to SJ buckles which aren't compatible with the old ones, and other packs like Kifaru. I like to dial in my pack system with the ability to use the regular buckles. Changing things so you have to buy conversion kits and new hardwear is a GPITA.

Any they've changed to SJ buckles which aren't compatible with the old ones, and other packs like Kifaru. I like to dial in my pack system with the ability to use the regular buckles. Changing things so you have to buy conversion kits and new hardwear is a GPITA.
SJ hardware is slightly lighter and lower profile and still retains high strength and crush resistance. They are really slick. The conversion kit for a pack you have today will make things easy to swap out; you only need to change the buckles on the bag, not the frame and bag. For what it is worth!

I didn't get to test it much. I think it is a killer day pack for anything up to the size of deer. I don't know what plans are in place to add a bow scabbard. Alex at MR had all kinds of great ideas of how to use it that included attaching your bow. Not sure if that would be impacted by hauling a treestand.

Mine will get more testing this coming season. Thinking of taking it to AZ for Coues deer and javelina in a couple weeks.

Whenever your willing to give a report on the Pop up Randy we are all waiting. Give us the skinny!

I'm currently in the market for a new pack and am stuck between the Metcalf and Marshall. I really like the long outside pockets on the Marshall for a spotter and small tripod. Anyone have a recommendation for one over the other?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back