Backcountry Camp Shoes

mr_steve

I found these camp shoes a couple years ago. I expected for them to fall apart quickly based on the price but instead they have been awesome. Used them a ton and crossed some large creeks with them with no problems. Ultralight + cheap + durable = awesome.

Just want to pass on this find for those of you who are in the market for good backcountry camp shoes on the cheap in preparation for this Fall.

[video=youtube_share;lYNkH_qrcZg]https://youtu.be/lYNkH_qrcZg[/video]

I avoided wearing the camo ones that my inlaws gave me for Christmas a while back for a few years until a trip to the boundary waters. I never wore the other hikers that I brought with on that trip and they continue to be my little backcountry secret.

I paid extra for holeless crocs. First time I put them on I was "meh". Now I'm really liking them.

Had my crocs for years, got them on sale.... I'll have to keep these in mind when my crocs finally hit the ……………...

I have fleece lined ones for my camp shoes. Dont care what my buddies say

I've got crocs I wear as camp shoes. Around the house, I wear them to and from the hot tub, and also use them as birth control. Seems like a fair trade.

Reactions: T55
I picked up a set of crocs over xmas for camp shoes and river crossings. I now find myself wearing them around the house all the time for quick trips to the store, taking trash out, getting mail,...etc.

I don't care if my dignity leaks out of the holes in crocs, I love mine.

I think more dignity leaks out if their not even real crocs but rather from Walmart hahaha. Function over fashion is my motto.

Wearing fake crocs as I'm typing this. I wear them in and around the house all the time.

I like to refer to them as “Frocs”. I’m liking your idea. I think I might splurge and get another pair for around the house.

Last edited:
I use the same exact pair as yard shoes around the house for when I go feed the dogs, take out the trash and what not. Just be careful, dogs like to chew them! lol I'm on my 3rd pair, but I think I've finally broke my wife's lap dog from chewing them up. Good stuff otherwise.

Reactions: T55
Don’t leave them out in the really hot sun on pavement, they won’t fit quite the same again.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back