Post Backcountry Camp Shoes

I found these camp shoes a couple years ago. I expected for them to fall apart quickly based on the price but instead they have been awesome. Used them a ton and crossed some large creeks with them with no problems. Ultralight + cheap + durable = awesome.

Just want to pass on this find for those of you who are in the market for good backcountry camp shoes on the cheap in preparation for this Fall.

I use a pair of them as my 'dress' crocs. They are awesome shoes.
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

You can also get them with pieces of "Flair".

https://www.crocs.com/stories/post-malone-crocs.html
    “The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” - Jack London

I don't care if my dignity leaks out of the holes in crocs, I love mine.
    get over it commies..
    JWP58

I avoided wearing the camo ones that my inlaws gave me for Christmas a while back for a few years until a trip to the boundary waters. I never wore the other hikers that I brought with on that trip and they continue to be my little backcountry secret.
    Old Milwaukee Pro Staff

I paid extra for holeless crocs. First time I put them on I was "meh". Now I'm really liking them.

Had my crocs for years, got them on sale.... I'll have to keep these in mind when my crocs finally hit the ……………...
    To what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?

Blog Entries

I have fleece lined ones for my camp shoes. Dont care what my buddies say
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

SFC B has pink mickey mouse crocs lol
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

I've got crocs I wear as camp shoes. Around the house, I wear them to and from the hot tub, and also use them as birth control. Seems like a fair trade.
    we owe it to our children to give them two things, roots, and wings

11. Default

I picked up a set of crocs over xmas for camp shoes and river crossings. I now find myself wearing them around the house all the time for quick trips to the store, taking trash out, getting mail,...etc.

I'll just leave this here......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Never apologize for being a Patriot!"

I use water shoes as they are very light weight and made out of thin neoprene and are warm. You can find them for under $ 20

Crocs
    I've been to a town, Del.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
    Hahaha.

Never owned a pair but I think its time for a pair to have around camp for sure

16. Default

Wearing fake crocs as I'm typing this. I wear them in and around the house all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
    I think more dignity leaks out if their not even real crocs but rather from Walmart hahaha. Function over fashion is my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by SaskHunter View Post
    Wearing fake crocs as I'm typing this. I wear them in and around the house all the time.
    I like to refer to them as “Frocs”. I’m liking your idea. I think I might splurge and get another pair for around the house.
    Last edited by mr_steve; 01-10-2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Spelling is hard.

I use the same exact pair as yard shoes around the house for when I go feed the dogs, take out the trash and what not. Just be careful, dogs like to chew them! lol I'm on my 3rd pair, but I think I've finally broke my wife's lap dog from chewing them up. Good stuff otherwise.