WY doe antelope hunt

Cotten

I'd like to take my family and a new hunter we are mentoring on a doe antelope hunt in Wyoming. Nonresident doe tags are very reasonable and there are more antelope and more public land to hunt them on in Wyoming than in Colorado. I would really like to find a unit where 4 or 5 of us could readily draw doe tags, where there is some terrain to work with while stalking, and where roads maybe aren't quite as common. I would also prefer a unit where we could hunt in September or early October, as we have planned a mule deer hunt in Colorado for 2nd season, Oct 19-27. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm just really starting to look into this, but want to put in for this year.

Download the draw recap and the season dates. There's a few units that fit your criteria. Public land can be very deceiving when you look at a map, a lot is landlocked. It takes a lot of research to figure out Wyoming, but it's fun to figure out what you're asking on your own. Check out the hunt planner on the Wyoming website also. Typically, easy to draw units have tough access to public land

What he said ^^, 73 has a ton of antelope and public land. There are a lot of doe tags and they are easy to draw

Since doe tags are all random, I swing for the fence on 1st choice. You can put a limited access unit as your 2nd choice, just check to see that tags typically make it through the 2nd choice applicants.

Lots of options for easy to draw doe antelope tags in early October. Take a good look at the WY Hunt Planner and make your choice! The price of NR WY doe antelope and deer tags have got to be the best deal in the west

You can plan on applying for several units that are next door to each other with your 1st/2nd choice as well. Apply for units with a decent success chance and driving between a few units with a group isn't too hard.

Take a look at 72. Seems to fit most of your criteria especially if you are willing to put in some effort. Good luck and let us know how y’all do out there this fall.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back