Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming First Draw & Second Draw help

TJT96

I’m looking at the application for a reduced price doe/dawn tag on the Wyoming GFD site. Does applying for the same unit twice give you two opportunities to draw or is that something that is not supposed to happen?

You're allowed to apply for, and draw, two reduced price licenses. You can apply for two licenses with one application, or you can apply for one license on one application and a second license with a second application. Applying with two applications would double your chances to draw one license. But you may only draw one. If you only want to do the hunt if you can shoot two animals, then you'll want to apply with one application so that you either draw two licenses, or you draw zero licenses.

I think you're asking if putting the same hunt area/type for first and second choice gives you two chances. The answer to that is no.

Also, if you apply for two doe fawn tags with the same hunt area choices, they go into the draw together and you will either get two tags or zero.

The only way you could apply for two and get only one is if you put different hunt areas/choices for each, then the two apps would have to go into the draw separately.

I think you're asking if putting the same hunt area/type for first and second choice gives you two chances. The answer to that is no.

Also, if you apply for two doe fawn tags with the same hunt area choices, they go into the draw together and you will either get two tags or zero.

The only way you could apply for two and get only one is if you put different hunt areas/choices for each, then the two apps would have to go into the draw separately.

This is correct.

I have submitted multiple apps for the same tag and only drawn one.

Okay, I just want to make sure I understand. Say I put in for unit 001 on the first draw type 6 and also unit 001 type 6 for the second draw, I’ll either draw two tags or zero? That or I could do 001 for first draw and 002 for second draw and have a chance at drawing either one or both of those tags?

I have submitted multiple apps for the same tag and only drawn one.

I don't believe that, unless your hunt area/type choices differed for each.

Okay, I just want to make sure I understand. Say I put in for unit 001 on the first draw type 6 and also unit 001 type 6 for the second draw, I’ll either draw two tags or zero? That or I could do 001 for first draw and 002 for second draw and have a chance at drawing either one or both of those tags?

When you say "first draw, second draw" do you mean "first choice, second choice" or "initial draw, leftover draw"?

This is correct.

I don't believe that it is correct at all.

If you apply for two on one application you can get 0, 1 or 2 assuming your unit allows for two.

Now that the water is sufficciently muddied, I'd suggest to TJT96 you call Wyoming yourself. They are very helpful.

I don't believe that, unless your hunt area/type choices differed for each.

LOL, guess I'm a liar then. It was in the leftover draw if that makes a difference. I submitted 4 apps for the same pronghorn doe tag, drew one.

I’m looking at the app right now, there is a “First Non-Resident Reduced Price Doe/Fawn Antelope” option with first choice and second choice and then a “Second Non-Resident Reduced Price Doe/Fawn Antelope” with first choice and second directly beneath it on the same screen

It's up to the person applying if he wants to use only one application for two licenses, or to use two separate applications for the same two licenses. I usually apply with separate applications for the same license, because I'd rather draw one than none.

I don't believe that it is correct at all.

If you apply for two on one application you can get 0, 1 or 2 assuming your unit allows for two.

Now that the water is sufficciently muddied, I'd suggest to TJT96 you call Wyoming yourself. They are very helpful.

If you apply for two on one application you draw two, or zero.

I’m looking at the app right now, there is a “First Non-Resident Reduced Price Doe/Fawn Antelope” option with first choice and second choice and then a “Second Non-Resident Reduced Price Doe/Fawn Antelope” with first choice and second directly beneath it on the same screen

You're confusing me with what you're asking. The application you're looking at now, submit it for just one license. Then go back in and submit another with the same license choice. You can then draw one, two, zero. If you do it all on the one application then you'll draw either zero or two.

You're confusing me with what you're asking. The application you're looking at now, submit it for just one license. Then go back in and submit another with the same license choice. You can then draw one, two, zero. If you do it all on the one application then you'll draw either zero or two.

This clears it all up for me, thanks

I do think they changed the format of the application screen for this year. I thought there used to be a drop down box where you indicated how many tags you wanted. Now there are lines for each individual tag, 2 tag applications on one screen.

Untitled.jpg

I do think they changed the format of the application screen for this year. I thought there used to be a drop down box where you indicated how many tags you wanted. Now there are lines for each individual tag, 2 tag applications on one screen.

View attachment 92365

Yeah, this is what I was seeing. I’ll call WGFD when I get the chance and post what I hear for anybody else that’s curious

You're right. I remember it it the same way you remember it. But I'm pretty sure the draw process is un-changed.

LOL, guess I'm a liar then. It was in the leftover draw if that makes a difference. I submitted 4 apps for the same pronghorn doe tag, drew one.

Could be. I've never applied for multiple tags in the leftover draw, and it differs in several ways from the initial draw.

I wonder why there is so much confusion and mystery around Wyoming's draw. I'd bet there are at least twice as many Wyoming draw threads as any other western state.

You're right. I remember it it the same way you remember it. But I'm pretty sure the draw process is un-changed.

that's the way I remember it too. the above screen shot makes me think they are now giving you the flexibility to put two different first choice units down each with 1 tag. you could put the same unit twice to try and draw 2 tags for the same unit or you might draw 1 or 0. I don't think I like this new way though. I either want 2 or nothing to make it worth me driving! haha.

Back