Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Drones

I believe that NM enacted rules against the use of drones during hunting a few years ago. Have heard one person talk about an encounter with a drone during a hunt in unit 45 a year or so ago.

All aircraft, including drones, are illegal in Wyoming for the purpose of scouting or locating game animals between August 1st and Jan 31st of the following year.

How many people use trail cameras in a similar manner either during season or all year long? I assume that if a trail camera showed that no "trophy" quality whitetails passed thru a certain area that nobody would spend their time there waiting for one to come along. Are trail cams generally looked upon with the same disdain as drones are? FWIW I don't use them either.

My post was not directed at you, specifically. The point that needs to be emphasized is that there is an element of “chance” that someone may or may not encounter the animal they are pursuing while they are out in the field hunting. Using technology to perform a skill of hunting lessens the actual experience. That is why so many folks that DIY hunt take such pride hunting public land. It’s the entire experience that folks remember upon reflection.

I watched an elk hunt the other day where a guy had him fly right over his head on public land during rifle season. Might be the video above. I'm not sure.

2 ounces of 7.5 and all the powder you can take.

Unless they appear armored, then make it Tungsten 2's :)

You could probably make a case for shooting one down over private land since IMO at least it's invasion of privacy/trespassing the same as if they climbed over your fence.

If, for some reason, I thought they were threatening in anyway, down they come. Had I been able to, I would have shot the RC plane that buzzed me on my bike so many years ago.

I understand now that some individuals are scouting trophy animals ans selling the GPS locations of said trophy animals for large sums of money. Isn't technology wonderful?

When we become a crime-free world, I'll be surprised if there was some intent to exploit something of that nature. Bah, back to square one... No crime-free world...

Poachers, hiring illegal Canadian guide(s) to assist trophy bighorn ram hunters, etc... Celeb hunt with guides sitting on trophy animals until the celeb arrives to face the "challenge" of the hunt, etc.

I’ve seen some cool drone photos, and they look like they would be fun to make photos and videos with. They can be annoying and I’m glad states are making them illegal for hunting. I was fishing in glen canyon last year and group of people were illegally using their drone and buzzing over me while I was fishing. They would fly it for a while, then land it and hide it in some brush. I was almost very mean about it.

They can be annoying and I’m glad states are making them illegal for hunting.
I agree. Furthermore, the erosion of personal privacy is a real concern and when I am enjoying an outdoors excursion, it angers me to consider someone shooting videos of me without my permission or perhaps even without me knowing.

.... it angers me to consider someone shooting videos of me without my permission or perhaps even without me knowing.

Get used to it, because it happens to you every day when you step outside your house. It has become as ubiquitous as street lights, maybe more so. It is beyond ridiculous, but it will only get much worse.

I agree. Furthermore, the erosion of personal privacy is a real concern and when I am enjoying an outdoors excursion, it angers me to consider someone shooting videos of me without my permission or perhaps even without me knowing.

The privacy thing doesn’t really get to me. I’m not standing around in the woods scratching my butt, so it’s not like anyone would get a shot of me doing something embarrassing or anything. But as a reformed city boy, I’m just used to not having an expectation of privacy once I leave my property.

What bothers me is the technological intrusion. I get outside to enjoy nature. Having a buzzing motor hovering overhead drowning out the sound of a nice wild trout river just feels wrong.

What bothers me is the technological intrusion. I get outside to enjoy nature. Having a buzzing motor hovering overhead drowning out the sound of a nice wild trout river just feels wrong.
Likewise, I am not concerned about someone watching me scratching my bumm, but privacy is an expectation, if not a real right. The noise, sight, and intrusion pollution all bother me.

When we become a crime-free world, I'll be surprised if there was some intent to exploit something of that nature. Bah, back to square one... No crime-free world...

Poachers, hiring illegal Canadian guide(s) to assist trophy bighorn ram hunters, etc... Celeb hunt with guides sitting on trophy animals until the celeb arrives to face the "challenge" of the hunt, etc.

Or rich cats drawing sheep tags and hiring a guide to find one and when he does, rich client flies in, shoots it and leaves. How can there be any pride in that?

Back