Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Rangefinder Modes - Leica

EdP

I need to upgrade my current rangefinder but deciding which one to go with has been a problem. Sigs seems to have QC issues and poor customer service. Leupolds are attractive but are not as waterproof as Leicas. The ones I like the best so far are Leicas but some of their models don't have second target priority. The Leica websight doesn't say anything about target priority so I have been unable to make a determination. Does anyone know where I can find the specifics on targeting mode for Leicas?

Thanks

Pretty sure the op wants a rangefinder that gives priority to the furthest object ranged instead of anything close like grass or tree limbs. I've read about certain rangefinders with that capability. mtmuley

Mtmuley's got it right. It's called second target priority, or distant target priority, or last target priority depending on the mfg. Many include it for hunting rangefinders but not for golf. Golfers are not usually ranging through brush but it's not uncommon at all for hunters.

I have an older Leica and I love it. Not sure about the "mode"...mine doesn't have that, but like i said it's pretty old. However it's been great to me over the last 12 years. I'd definitely buy a Leica again.

Back