Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Kate Duchess of Cambridge went shooting and pheasant hunting after Christmas

"the numbers of birds need to be kept down on the estate"

What bullshit is that? Can anyone explain why pheasants need to be "kept down"? Maybe I read that wrong.

"the numbers of birds need to be kept down on the estate"

What bullshit is that? Can anyone explain why pheasants need to be "kept down"? Maybe I read that wrong.

Hey, it's England. It's their deal. The Royals make the decisions, probably including how many pheasants are necessary on the "estate".
Some folks left there a long time ago, started their own country, and eventually came up with their own system of wildlife management. The North American Model - the Public Estate.
Things keep going some of the ways they are now, the "model" could get broke, and this may strike a little closer to home.
Just food for thought for those able to digest it..................

Hey, it's England. It's their deal. The Royals make the decisions, probably including how many pheasants are necessary on the "estate".
Some folks left there a long time ago, started their own country, and eventually came up with their own system of wildlife management. The North American Model - the Public Estate.
Things keep going some of the ways they are now, the "model" could get broke, and this may strike a little closer to home.
Just food for thought for those able to digest it..................

My wife tells me this: When she lived in England, there were so many pheasants, that her dad would invariably run over one with their car nearly everyday. They were almost like pests.

It was a poorly written article "blasting" birds? Really? Just dumb. But good to see they are still hunters.

My wife tells me this: When she lived in England, there were so many pheasants, that her dad would invariably run over one with their car nearly everyday. They were almost like pests.

^^^^^ This. I lived about 20 miles from the estate when I lived in England and pheasants are EVERYWHERE. Road kill birds were everywhere. We had a lot of partridges where I lived as well. Add to that the great restriction of access for hunting and controlling numbers is very reasonable.

Can’t have everything, some good press even half ass is better then no good press. Hope she had good hunt.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back