6.5 Creedmore or 7mm?

Someday ya'll will grow up and get a .45-hyphenated.

:)

It's a serious problem with today's youths. Always in a rush, have to have a zippy cartridge. They'll never know the joy of firing a big, slow bullet, letting the smoke clear, mix a martini, make some jerky & wait for the impact.

I blame that new-fangled rock & roll.

One of these is a 6.5 140 and one is 7mm 168. Both were started within 50fps of each other and both pulled from elk within 25 yards of each other. Which is which?

You likely just caused a massive onset of mental masturbation orgasms across the internet.

Proof an elk doesn’t GAF about 0.5mm in bullet diameter.

I

Pretty good performance from both. What bullet is that?
I’m gonna guess the one on the left is the 7mm and right is 6.5.

You are correct. Left bullet is a 7mm 168 grain long range accubond. Right bullet is 6.5 140 grain Berger VLD hunting. Both elk were broadside and bullet found on opposite side against the hide

You are correct. Left bullet is a 7mm 168 grain long range accubond. Right bullet is 6.5 140 grain Berger VLD hunting. Both elk were broadside and bullet found on opposite side against the hide

Had a feeling that was a Berger. It didn’t explode like the internet claims they do!:)

Here is a 160 grain accubond on the far right pulled from against the hide of an elk. This elk was about 50 yards farther than the other two bullets. This 160 grain accubond was started 350fps faster than the other two bullets

Attachments

• 980D7371-4DCA-4AE3-B09F-0ACF781EE290.jpg
    980D7371-4DCA-4AE3-B09F-0ACF781EE290.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 199
They don't all look like that. mtmuley

Hey, why’d you have to go and ruin the fun?

All my Accubonds look the same, whether fired at game 80 yards away or 400, and out of guns ranging from 280’s up through 325’s

Nope. 95 grain VLD from a .243. Not pushing it hard either. That bullet was the last VLD we ever put in an animal. Bergers in my RUM made burger out of whatever they hit. As I used them more, I was less and less satisfied. Still shoot targets with them. mtmuley

Last edited:
Just started using the VLD's this year. 2 pass-throughs so far with the VLD's, so I can't say for sure what they look like afterwards, but from the size of the exit holes, I don't think it's anything like what brockel posted.

Nope. 95 grain VLD from a .243. Not pushing it hard either. That bullet was the last VLD we ever put in an animal. Bergers in my RUM made burger out of whatever they hit. As I used them more, I was less and less satisfied. Still shoot targets with them. mtmuley

What are you shooting in the 243 now? Hammers?

Back