Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Squirrel relocation project ;)

SFC B

So, I will let it be known.....I can't stand the furry little buggers. They raid the bird feeder and torment the dogs mercilessly.....not to mention what they do to me when WT hunting back home. Since we are in the city and hunting is verboten I keep a hav a hart trap to deal with them. Got to watch this one pick peanuts and walk right in :) I took the pics at the city park about .5 miles from the house where they get rehomed.

Attachments

• 20181230_153041.jpg
    20181230_153041.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 20181230_153030 (1).jpg
    20181230_153030 (1).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 308
I know nothing about Colorado squirrels. Some cities ended up with a feral squirrel that doesn't belong to their areas. Is this a native squirrel? If not you should have shot it.

I trapped a squirrel under the hood of my wife’s 4 runner with a #2 Victor years ago. It had ate good part of the wire harness. It was not relocated.

Last edited:
As a practicing wildlife biologist/academic, I can assure you that at 1/2 mile distance, they might well have beat you home.

Growing up on the farm hunting opener ment squirrel hunting! Fox squirrel that was a prize, and yummy!

I've declared war on the suckers as of late. When you can't hear deer approaching because all you can hear is a whirlwind of leaves 360 degrees around you, it's time to get out the .22. And yes, they do taste quite nice. I don't think hardly anyone squirrel hunts anymore, or at least not in my neck of the woods.

Oh I have one.....I also have shitty, tree hugging neighbors. :(

Will that trap fit in a 5 gal bucket of water? A game warden told me once doing that was considered a humane way to euthanize a raccoon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back