Pants?

p_ham

I'm looking for some feedback on the first lite corrugate guide pants. After being washed a few times are they quiet enough for archery spot and stalk? I am not really interested in merino pants, they just dont hold up.

Does sitka offer a similar pant? They have so many different names for everything I can't keep them straight.

I'm using some lightweight tan wranglers now. They work but they're cotton and have their problems.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.

I use my multicam BDU pants and they work great.

Wrangler recently came out with a new pant in their outdoor series. the pant is a synthetic type material that stretches, it's pretty much a a hiking pant, i have 2 pairs and they are quite comfortable for me, they also make a version with fleece lining for colder temps. I've used them during this past hunting season, they seem to hold up well, (I wouldn't go running through a briar patch with them), and they're not expensive.

I will have to check out those wrangler nylon pants. Sitka and first lite will both be at sheep show, I think I'll fondle some pants there. Whether or not somebody is in those pants, well thats a different thread.

I’ve heard great things about the Prana Zion pants for a good early season pant. Ordered a few pairs to try out. My go to hot weather pants are the kuiu tiburon and they are very light and breath amazing.

After my last pair of Cabelas tore I went ahead and got the Sitka Ascent pants. Really liked them so far, breathe very well, stretchy and just overall are very comfortable. I wasn't able to make it out much last season but when I did it was pretty fair weather so I can't speak to how they handle in any rain/wet ground conditions yet. Breathability was my top priority followed by being quiet, so far I'm pleased.

Wrangler recently came out with a new pant in their outdoor series. the pant is a synthetic type material that stretches, it's pretty much a a hiking pant, i have 2 pairs and they are quite comfortable for me, they also make a version with fleece lining for colder temps. I've used them during this past hunting season, they seem to hold up well, (I wouldn't go running through a briar patch with them), and they're not expensive.

Where do you find them? I've never seen anything but blue jeans from Wrangler.

I’ve heard great things about the Prana Zion pants for a good early season pant. Ordered a few pairs to try out. My go to hot weather pants are the kuiu tiburon and they are very light and breath amazing.

I 2nd that. Have a few and used them this past scouting season and early archery season. Quality pant for less than the names being bantered around. I will have to look at those wranglers as well. Always looking for a good deal, both quality and price.

I have the prana Zion and kuhl renegades and like them both. FWIW, the pranas are quieter.

I don't think lightweight/quiet/durable necessarily go together.

I have the corrugate guide pants from FL. They're extremely comfortable. I do wish that I could have tried them on first as they're slightly in the thighs (and I have big thighs) but I really love them. Plenty quiet and comfortable for anything you're planning on using them for.

I have the shorts and they're quiet enough. Sizing is a bit weird on the Corrugates. Mediums fit well in the waist but very tight in the butt/upper thigh. Larges fit well in the butt area, but are quite large in the waist.

I picked up a pair of the wranglers from Wal-Mart. Used them today hunting rabbits. It was a bit cold out of the gate but as soon as the sun came up they were comfortable. They were a little noisy, but time will tell if they quiet down. Overall they are very comfortable and as said before, only $22.

Or about 8.6 pairs of the Wranglers for the same money...

If that's suits your wants needs and budget have at. They arent for me.
The OP already stated he has some that dont work for him for different reasons. He asked about Sitka pants. Since i had about 30 days bowhunting in three states this year on my grinder pants I was comfortable making a recommendation based on my experiences. Sorry if the price of them bothers you. They were money well spent in my book.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back