Pants?

If that's suits your wants needs and budget have at. They arent for me.
The OP already stated he has some that dont work for him for different reasons. He asked about Sitka pants. Since i had about 30 days bowhunting in three states this year on my grinder pants I was comfortable making a recommendation based on my experiences. Sorry if the price of them bothers you. They were money well spent in my book.

No, I'm fine with them. Just pointing to the rather amazing price differential. I don't mind spending for stuff that works. Though I have to say, I haven't approached the $200 mark for trousers. Yet.

Idk, I don't own any Sitka but it looks like awesome stuff. Aside from good rain gear, just seems like for archery season you wouldn't need the same kind of performance as later seasons where its so important to stay warm and dry.

I really like the first lite stuff I have and what the company stands for etc. But how can a "performance " brand sell pants in S, M, L?
If you are worried about noise and not a perfect fit for one of their sizes the pants will either be tight or have extra fabric swishing between your thighs.
I sold my FL pants due to fit.

I bought a pair of the Kanab pants two years ago, this fall I ordered a pair of the corrugate guide pants when I found them on a pretty good sale. I was very disappointed in the Corrugate pants and how noisy they were, as someone who does a lot of bowhunting I hate hate hate anything that makes excessive noise and I will not be wearing these pants for hunting anymore. They would probably be fine if you were rifle hunting, but I really wish I had just ordered another pair of their merino pants. I will also say that for me, if I order first lite pants in smalls then they fit great around my waist but they are too short, and the mediums are the right length but too big around the waist...I wish you could order by waist/inseam size instead.

I bought a pair of the Kanab pants two years ago, this fall I ordered a pair of the corrugate guide pants when I found them on a pretty good sale. I was very disappointed in the Corrugate pants and how noisy they were, as someone who does a lot of bowhunting I hate hate hate anything that makes excessive noise and I will not be wearing these pants for hunting anymore. They would probably be fine if you were rifle hunting, but I really wish I had just ordered another pair of their merino pants. I will also say that for me, if I order first lite pants in smalls then they fit great around my waist but they are too short, and the mediums are the right length but too big around the waist...I wish you could order by waist/inseam size instead.

What's your usual pant size?

I typically wear a 29/32...this year first lite started offering tall sizes, but only in medium and large...a small tall probably would've been perfect for me haha

I also have a pair of Prana pants. Quiet, comfy, and dry quickly but definitely not durable. After two years of use they are starting to get a little beat up but then again I seem to find myself in a lot a briar patches.

Idk, I don't own any Sitka but it looks like awesome stuff. Aside from good rain gear, just seems like for archery season you wouldn't need the same kind of performance as later seasons where its so important to stay warm and dry.

Depends on where you are where and how. The coldest night I have ever spent in a tent was on a Sept archery mule deer hunt. Packing an elk in carhartt's when it's really hot just sucks.

I typically wear a 29/32...this year first lite started offering tall sizes, but only in medium and large...a small tall probably would've been perfect for me haha

Ok thanks. I'm usually 31/32 or 31/34. Thinking about trying FL this year but I'm a little fatter than you so a medium would probably work for me.

Lol, cherry picked!.

Oh absolutely lol... jokes aside the best non-hunting pants I have seen used in the field were actually a pair spill proof dockers, they were the only pair of brown pants my buddy had so he brought them on a spring bear hunt. After a 3 mile hike through wet grass the first morning he was the only one with dry pants... looked really out of place but hey... they worked.

Wrangler recently came out with a new pant in their outdoor series. the pant is a synthetic type material that stretches, it's pretty much a a hiking pant, i have 2 pairs and they are quite comfortable for me, they also make a version with fleece lining for colder temps. I've used them during this past hunting season, they seem to hold up well, (I wouldn't go running through a briar patch with them), and they're not expensive.

After reading this, I went to Wally World to check those out. Compadre, those pants are awesome! I picked up 2 pair and wore one pair all day today. Well worth $20.

Go to Walmart. They carry a quiet kaki pant for $18. Will work great if your hunting mild weather.

I bought a pair of the Costco pants listed above. They are great for $16. Amazing that anything can be had for that cheap.

I agree guys, I picked up 1 pair of the nylon wranglers, will be going back for more. Even if theyre too noisy for archery they'll be a good everyday pant.

Back