Caribou Gear

Finally a goose hunt

MT_Chad

It's been a couple years since I have been able to do much goose hunting since we had our second child. So far the weather here in montana has sucked this year for goose hunting, too warm and no snow. Got out the other day after we got a little weather on Christmas and the old man and I got our limits, it's always fun getting out and shooting honkers with the old man. Hopefully we will get out a few more days before the season closes.6656.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. twsnow, it was one of their feeding fields in the area, they are super spread out still with the mild weather. The field was really bare without much snow so we had to set up on the edge. The birds wanted to be about 75 yards further out in the field so they weren't finishing real well. I'm pretty picky though, I'm having fun once I've got the birds finishing under 20 yards.

Thanks guys. twsnow, it was one of their feeding fields in the area, they are super spread out still with the mild weather. The field was really bare without much snow so we had to set up on the edge. The birds wanted to be about 75 yards further out in the field so they weren't finishing real well. I'm pretty picky though, I'm having fun once I've got the birds finishing under 20 yards.

Agreed, still nice work. It's always tough when your forced to setup on the edge. Nothing like truly finishing geese. I don't see a great need to pass shoot birds, personally I'm never gonna reach into the freezer and grab a duck breast instead of venison...

Nice work! I'd like to see a photo of your blind set up. The geese have been getting knocked down for quite some time up here in Great Falls.

We were actually just south of great falls for this hunt. Sorry, I dont have any pics of our blind setup. We had our layout blinds with snow covers on and stubbled them good, then we found the best area of snow on the edge of the field to set them in.

Fowl...its been GREAT hunting up here this year. Birds have been primarily in the stubble, couple that with some snow on the ground and its like shooting fish in a barrel. Last year they sure liked the winter wheat which made it very difficult when there was no snow cover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back