"New" spotter???

prhunter

Looking to upgrade my existing spotter. Currently own an older Leopold GR 30x60 (straight).
Looking for something more modern with variable power. Considering the following brands: Leopold, Vortex... maybe Nikon. Would like to keep it under 1k.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vortex's warranty is hard to beat. Check out sportopticsnorthwest.com

I would look hard at the Vortex Razor in 22-48 or the Viper HD line. The medium sized Razor will run $1200 but the Viper HD line will be under $1k. I used to own a Viper HD but sold it because my father-in-law let me use his Swaro.

Good luck on the search!

Can you expand on this

Yeah. I have a Viper 15-45x65 HD. The first one was broken in the box. It's not that great of a spotter. I used a buds Razor on a recent elk hunt. I am in no way a Vortex guy, but it was better. I wish I had saved up more for the Kowa I wanted. Live and learn I guess. mtmuley

Yeah. I have a Viper 15-45x65 HD. The first one was broken in the box. It's not that great of a spotter. I used a buds Razor on a recent elk hunt. I am in no way a Vortex guy, but it was better. I wish I had saved up more for the Kowa I wanted. Live and learn I guess. mtmuley

I am a Vortex fanboy...and if I could afford a Razor, I would jump on it. I spent some time behind one and loved it.

I have a Razor, it was an upgrade from my late 70’s Bushnell, but not much. Its been back to Vortex once right after I got it. Buy once, cry once. There is a lot of good choices out there. IMO Vortex isn’t one of those.

I sold my Leupold GR15-30x50 and snagged a new Vortex Viper HD 15-45x65 for $450 on eBay. It performed great all fall hunting season, no complaints at all...

Back