Yeti GOBOX Collection

British Columbia Moose Hunt?

BrowningBLR

Does anyone have an experience with an outfitter in BC? My 71 year old dad would like to go to BC to hunt moose with his 2 sons, my brother and I are in good shape. My dad still hunts elk and deer here but long hikes and packing in or out, are out of the question. We are looking for somewhere that would offer favorable terrain for someone a little older. My brother and I would be going with him and hunting as well, we are both in good shape. My dad has shot 2 shiras moose and one being 45 inches wide. We aren't looking for absolute monster moose but nice, respectable Canadian Moose. And of course at a reasonable price. I have done research online but with so many outfitters out there, I was wondering if anyone has any first hand experiences. Thanks!

Youd be better off in NF if price is a consideration. Definitely go to a fly in lodge.

I have used Stone Mountain Safaris two times, great outfitter and crew. The first was a combo hunt and the second was a 2 on 1 hunt . They'll be at SCI & WSF show in Reno. I took a 45" moose on the first hunt and my son took a 52" bull on the 2on 1 hunt. The area we hunted on the two on one hunt search YouTube Stone Mountain Safaris two part moose hunt with James Broin. IMG_2929.jpg here's my son's bull from 2017. All there hunts are horse back hunts. I drove both times from central Ca.PM me if you like. They are located in Toad River BC. about 70 miles from the Yukon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back