PEAX Equipment

Outfitter tent and stove question

bevance

Base campers,

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a moderately priced 3 to 4 person outfitter tent? Also recommendations for moderately priced stoves to put into said outfitter tent.

Thanks in advance for the info!

My usual hunting accommodations got wrapped up in the fires happening in CO this fall, and I am doubtful the rebuild will be done for next fall. I actually watched the fire come over the hill from the deck, but that’s another story. The hunting party will need to figure something else out for accommodations in 2021. The most likely options are to rent a cabin for the week, or rock an outfitter tent. I have a few questions about outfitter tents and hunting. Thanks in advance for you input.

1. How many dudes can I pile into an outfitter tent? The hunting party is between 3 and 6 depending on the year.

2. Can I rent the tent, furnace, cots, etc to outfit this thing? I have backpacker camping gear, but nothing set up for winter.

3. Is it comfortable for 6 days? Most campers seam to not make it the entire first rifle season. What is the barrier to staying all week?

4. Can I fit everything needed into the back of a 4-runner with the seats down? Is this even a realistic goal, or do I need to rent a trailer?

5. How much time is spent dealing with camp each night? We tend to start hiking in the dark in the morning and stay out until dark at night.? I don’t want to dip into hunting time to

6. What is the set up and tear down time?

7. How much wood is needed per night to heat this setup. It’s in the teens most morning, some times single digits.

8. How is the sleep, is it reasonable to expect enough rest to recover? I hike most of the day as hunt at tree line.

Thanks everyone for your input.

When I was shopping for a tent, I figured out the size and frame I wanted then signed up for the Davis Tent sales/promotions and kept an eye out for the sales. Found a 14X16 at a price I liked. No complaints whatsoever with the tent or the service.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back