Hunter Fined $25,500 for Killing Grizzly Bear

Well, so much for carrying large caliber handguns, a rimfire in the ass seems to do the trick.

about the price of a guided gbear hunt, I suppose. Killed it with a .22 rimfire? I guess it has been done before.

I believe a long standing record bear was shot in Canada by a Cree woman in self defense with a .22. That is probably the most famous one.

I’d like to hear more about how he killed it with a .22. The article made it sound like he dropped it near camp. I guess maybe he shot it in the head.

Article doesn't say anything about a rimfire. Just a 22 caliber gun. Might have been an AR or something with FMJs. That is a whole different sort of deal than a 22 LR.

The record bear in VA up until a few years ago was shot by a grouse hunter who got scared when he walked up on the bear. So I guess something more than a rimfire could do it. I suppose anything that slipped between a rib or an angled shot in the lungs may do it eventually.

Article doesn't say anything about a rimfire. Just a 22 caliber gun. Might have been an AR or something with FMJs. That is a whole different sort of deal than a 22 LR.

Yeah, I heard about such things once, but forgot about them. .22 is rimfire in my house. ;)

It was shot with a rimfire while Brent was either standing near the truck, or in the truck. Shot it in the side...all the while he was claiming self defense and was in fear of being mauled. Perhaps just jumping in the cab of the truck would have been a better idea. There's a lot more to the story that isn't being reported.

This isn't his first brush with a G&F violation either and if I had to guess wont be his last.

He got away with flat poaching a grizzly and the 25.5k and a year loss of privileges is a joke.

It was shot with a rimfire while Brent was either standing near the truck, or in the truck. Shot it in the side...all the while he was claiming self defense and was in fear of being mauled. Perhaps just jumping in the cab of the truck would have been a better idea. There's a lot more to the story that isn't being reported.

This isn't his first brush with a G&F violation either and if I had to guess wont be his last.

He got away with flat poaching a grizzly and the 25.5k and a year loss of privileges is a joke.

Agreed. This kind of stupidity is why the hunting season keeps getting blocked. Needless killing of grizzlies outrages the protectionists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back