Yeti GOBOX Collection

Car Camping box to be checked on airline

2rocky

My camping box that carries my 2 burner stove, lanterns, hatchet, cutting boards some cooking utensils, and a coffee pot is seeing the wear of the years.
It is relatively light, and comes in under the oversize luggage limit for dimensions. I can pack it to 49 pounds and have everything I need barring food.

Problem is the lid hinges pivot on a wire and that is less rugged than I would like.

442187BK_11.jpg

I usually buy a Coleman Cooler at the local WalMart and rent a vehicle to get from the airport to my hunting/scouting /camping grounds.
Tent, sleeping bag (for 2) and pad go in a duffle bag with rolling wheels. Hard case and duffle are checked for free on Southwest, and I carryon my Badlands 2200 with clothes and optics.

I'm looking for a better camping box that is light but strong, lockable ( I use a strap), and under Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height). Wheels would be good as well.

48935147_10217777819425888_2230269658026475520_n.jpg

One contender is the 24 gallon Action packer from Rubbermaid. I'd prefer something with wheels and hinged lid for that price though....The dimensions work though. 26-1/8 x 18-1/2 x 17

71vY-5TZ1mL._SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
i looking also but might go bigger and pay the oversize baggage fee. Take a look at Contico Pro Tuff Bin Plastic storage. Im looking at taking this and using it to haul meat also back in it.

Also on you bag with strap handles to keep them from ripping on bag get some threaded chain link 2 of them and put handles together with these on.

i looking also but might go bigger and pay the oversize baggage fee. Take a look at Contico Pro Tuff Bin Plastic storage. Im looking at taking this and using it to haul meat also back in it.

Also on you bag with strap handles to keep them from ripping on bag get some threaded chain link 2 of them and put handles together with these on.

I searched what you wrote and that is a contender. Also saw a Tractor Supply option...
that is at 61"

MTA:.....

THIS might be the ticket from CONTICO

Last edited:
I took an action packer to adak last year it worked well. I tied a bit of rope to the handle and just dragged it through the airport it slid surprisingly well on the tile floor and even on concrete.

Yes I will have to take a look at that and see if my Cabela"s Alaska Guide 6 Man tent will fit and other gear. The heavy duty one looks nice.

It might be a newer version of the one I have already. My only gripe is the hinge wire....hope that is upgraded in the HD version
As for what is in it, my tent goes in the soft duffle bag with my bedding.

I like that camping sites care for nature more nowadays. I seriously think it's one of the best places for camping in Puerto Rico. The people there have also been very helpful.

I just bought the Rubbermaid 48 gallon Action Packer. I will just pay the oversized baggage fee, the good news is I will be able to go to a total weight of 100 lbs. Dont think I will need it but might on the way home.
I did see in a video of Randy using one to Packing to go Alaska Black Bear hunting.

OP---You say your main problem is the wire hinges. Is it possible to remove them and possibly drill the hinge area out enough to put small bolts or pins of some sort through the holes to replace the wire?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back