The Prince of Poachers

In Prince of Poachers , you will read how Charlie Beaty hunted many ranches, including the world-famous King and Kenedy Ranches and illegally poached an incredible 116 trophy whitetail deer over a 22-year span.

It includes his funniest moments, exclusive photos, many seat-of-your-pants hot pursuits and much more.

Welcome to the Age of Kardashian fame pursuit....

I think this shows a very clear dichotomy in the hunting world that some may not know about. You can google this guy's story, what he did, and how he justifies it. Then you can find supporters in the outdoor industry of his. I can't imagine anyone on here buying his book (unless for research) or endorsing this guy, but there are those who will elsewhere. I would like to believe that all hunters are of the TR-following, highly ethical, fairchase, hunted before the hunter mentality. The reality is there are many out there who are not. My experience has shown them to be in the Southeast and whitetail hunters (no offense if you are in that demographic, as I am sure there are upstanding hunters in there).

Not having wasted time reading the story, but the gist of it reminds me of Claude Dallas, the survivalist mountain man poacher of Idaho and Nevada who murdered two game wardens. Too many of his followers revered him as an independent outdoorsman able to survive in the woods, poaching and freely moving about elusively. The reality is that he likely killed a lot of wildlife just for a meal or two of prime cuts. 'Another of the hunting world's false idols.

[FONT=&quot]“This is the best book I've ever read aside from the Bible”

a review from some &@)/! named Ryan Wilson.

WTF indeed. [/FONT]

The truth of the matter at least for me is that I as witnessed in person and online there are a lot of hunters that in wouldnt Associate myself with in any shape or form.

The truth of the matter at least for me is that I as witnessed in person and online there are a lot of hunters that in wouldnt Associate myself with in any shape or form.

I suspect he's got a questionable and odd history, but I'm curious to his ability to write a story using English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.

What's the statute of limitations on poaching? I mean, you literally have a signed confession.

WTH!?

Not entirely related but can Buck Medley and Colorado Buck's hair be in the same place at the same time? Do they have a hair rivalry?

There definetly needs to be something done to this guy. If nothing can be done legally, then at the very least blown up on social media and in magazines, TV shows, pod casts, everywhere possible. Maybe his illegal activities can also be rolled into hunter ed classes, so future hunters know of this man and his poor ethics and disregard for the law and the game he has taken from all of us.

He truly has put a dark cloud over hunters and now is trying to profit off of it. Guys like this are the ones who will become poster boys for the anti's.

There definetly needs to be something done to this guy. If nothing can be done legally, then at the very least blown up on social media and in magazines, TV shows, pod casts, everywhere possible. Maybe his illegal activities can also be rolled into hunter ed classes, so future hunters know of this man and his poor ethics and disregard for the law and the game he has taken from all of us.

He truly has put a dark cloud over hunters and now is trying to profit off of it. Guys like this are the ones who will become poster boys for the anti's.

I think being blown up on social media and magazines is exactly what he's hoping for. He's not exactly trying to stay low key.

He's making money off his arrest back in 1998 for the poaching escapade. Guess the sudden hubbub from his 2002 book on his poaching is gaining more $. :D

He still alive or are his successors pulling in some extra dough?

Perhaps the prince of poachers should be invited to the sheriff's archery tournament.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back