Government Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shutdown less of an issue than other turds hitting the fan. Just another episode of the Apprentice.

Yup. and those who feel the furloughed employees are hurtng.....give me a break. I was furloughed multiple times as a fat fed employee before I left, once for several weeks. Got paid for those free vacation days as will all the employees this go round. Were the ‘free’ days relaxing and stress free? No but so what. If a fed employee cant make it a week or three without a paycheck when they will get a catch up check n short order..then they have bigger problems to solve. Being a civilian fed employee is kind of a cake walk in my experience Outrageously secure employment, whether you perfom or not, pretty much forever if you want it...

"If the government could just shut down for the rest of forever, that'd be greatttt".....

In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen. - Theodore Roosevelt

That speaks volumes

Last edited:
Theodore Roosevelt is an admired President from a vast variety of positions. As valued within my own quote as well.

Are you an American?

It's a shitty thing that the maintenance guy who takes care of that building above
gets brainlessly lumped in with -
the people who can't agree on how to spend the imaginary $$..............

Passengers, please remain seated and fasten your seat belts. We are currently experiencing some minor turbulence. Our pilot will inform us when it is safe to remove you seat belts. Thank you for your attention.

It's a shitty thing that the maintenance guy who takes care of that building above
gets brainlessly lumped in with -
the people who can't agree on how to spend the imaginary $$..............

Even shittier for the maintenance guy who isn't a government employee, who does not get full back pay when hours are cut and whose taxes will be going up to pay for all this tom foolery.

The farm bill passed last week. Am I wrong to think that funded the Dept of Agriculture and thus the USFS? GJ

Even shittier for the maintenance guy who isn't a government employee, who does not get full back pay when hours are cut and whose taxes will be going up to pay for all this tom foolery.

While I agree it's financially "shittier" for the non public employee maintenance guy, in my worthless opinion, it's shitty for America as a whole that the public employee dude is considered a second class citizen just becuz' he works fo' da' gubment. The fed employee's taxes will go up too.
Lotta folks bitch about so called tribalism all the while participating in it like a white collar criminal.....
Beside, like BHR suggested - this really isn't a big deal. "I still got mine, so ain't nothin to be concerned with here"......................

While I agree it's financially "shittier" for the non public employee maintenance guy, in my worthless opinion, it's shitty for America as a whole that the public employee dude is considered a second class citizen just becuz' he works fo' da' gubment. The fed employee's taxes will go up too.
Lotta folks bitch about so called tribalism all the while participating in it like a white collar criminal.....
Beside, like BHR suggested - this really isn't a big deal. "I still got mine, so ain't nothin to be concerned with here"......................

Federal employees don't pay income tax.

With that pearl of wisdom, tapping out......

PS - any federal employees on here that do not pay income tax??...........

Last edited:
The "shutdowns" happen no matter which party is running the show, because frankly they both have pet projects they want us to pay for.

Disingenuous at best to say it's party A or party B.

One thing that amazed me is the amount of Federal employees in Colorado. A small city. When I multiply that with other states and higher populations, it's a snowball that won't stop rolling.

You are not the sharpest knife onpoint. Still have time to pawn your new jet boat before the plane hits the moutain. Just a thought.

bhr, I was using your line to be sarcastic, touchy touchy..... And you're right- my edge has been dulled by years of use and exposure, sure you can relate.......
And it's a prop not a jet:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back