Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Browning Hells Canyon Long Range

I was in the same boat last year at this time. I was struggling with the 300 Wm vs 28nosler. I went with the 300wm lr and I really enjoy it. Not being a reloader I was worried about ammo availability. I take the ability to throw 200+ gr out there vs the lighter 7mm rds. In the end I will take energy. That's why I left the 7mm out. Not saying it's a bad round as my father and grandfather have proved its a great round. Just not for me.

Picked up my Hells Canyon LR and love it except for the trigger. I have been using a triggertech in my Remington 700 Sendero the past several years and the difference between the two when it comes to creep and poundage is night and day no matter how light I adjust it. I know Triggertech does not make a replacement, but it appears Timney does. However, I would hate to lose the factory trigger because it looks neat. Anyone had a similar problem and got their's down to 2 pounds?

Picked up my Hells Canyon LR and love it except for the trigger. I have been using a triggertech in my Remington 700 Sendero the past several years and the difference between the two when it comes to creep and poundage is night and day no matter how light I adjust it. I know Triggertech does not make a replacement, but it appears Timney does. However, I would hate to lose the factory trigger because it looks neat. Anyone had a similar problem and got their's down to 2 pounds?

MtnHunter, I have had a couple X Bolts, and have loved them all. I replaced my trigger with a Jard trigger, and i bought the 2 to 2.5 pound version. Loved how it fit.

The muzzlebreak takes about 1/3 of the recoil, IMO. However, I don't hunt with it on as I don't like trying to cover the ports with tape to keep snow and rain out. When I'm hunting I don't feel recoil anyway. Mine is in 300WM and an incredible gun. It is already soft because of the recoil pad, add the break and a scope and it'll tame down nicely.

What ammo are you running through your. 300WM? I recently bought the same gun, haven't shot it yet. As a starting point, I am curious what yours likes?

What ammo are you running through your. 300WM? I recently bought the same gun, haven't shot it yet. As a starting point, I am curious what yours likes?
180gr Nosler Etip handloads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back