Wirehair Pointing Griffon Breeder

Camdu7

Hey Guys,

We are looking at a new pup in the next year or so and have settled on a WPG. We have an 11 yo Ch lab who has retired from hunting and a 5 yo GSP who is a rock star in the field but doesn't do well in cold water and, the wife says only one GSP at a time. So we have settled on a WPG. So I'm looking for recommendations on a breeder. I'm not too concerned on location as I will travel for the right fit. Just looking for some personal experiences.

Thanks!

Cam

Wire Haired Pointing Griffons - the new lab. Not demeaning labs whatsoever, just the popularity of Grifs has exploded. I'm hooked, have 2.....
I'm guessing some good breeders nearer you, but here's two I know are solid, through personal experience and friends who have had good luck with....
Kanzakaw Griffons, Kevin Krisp, Kansas - two friends have his dogs
Swift Creek Griffons, Tom Healy, Montana - My younger girl's sire is one his dogs, Tom has a Northern MN connection, so convenience???
If still breeding, not sure at this time but very worth the contact:
Spruce Creek Gundogs, John Arkins, Montana - my young girl is from him, she won NAHVDA Natural Ability 1'st place - none me, all her. I AM NOT A TRIALS GUY at all. Did it as a favor to John. - ....and she's the best. I may be biased.
Good luck, once you get a Grif you stand to be absolutely hooked.....
Any questions feel free to ask, and good luck on a good adventure.....
Grew up in the Duluth country myself...........
As if you need encouragement:D....
119.JPG
DSCN0408.jpg

Last edited:
Much like my German Wirehaired Pointer, Clark. He's awesome as both a hunting dog and as a family dog.

I think your choice of Griffon is terrific!

If you are interested in a GWP at all, I've got a couple of breeder recommendations.
evau8lml.jpg

IMnV5ZDl.jpg

This one is Mary, a real sweetheart and too doggone smart for her own good! ;)
KiHwjHRl.jpg

Regards, Guy

Last edited:
Thanks for the breeder info Onpoint. We are going to start making call after the holidays.

Some great looking pups in the pics.

Guy, we have thought a lot about a gwp as well. We hunt a lot with friends gwp and drahths.

Thanks for the breeder info Onpoint. We are going to start making call after the holidays.

Some great looking pups in the pics.
1956866C-4388-414D-8CE6-C5A93ED15CB5.jpg
Guy, we have thought a lot about a gwp as well. We hunt a lot with friends gwp and drahths.

There are some really good Draht breeders in your neck of the woods.

Hun Hill Kennels if you are willing to wait and travel a little. Frank puts out some amazing dogs, my female has some great natural instincts.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back